Dot dot dot

Chapter 30

It was already about noon when Caroline woke up in Klaus' loose embrace. A fresh breeze blew through the thin curtains and tickled her nose, when a wave of excitement rushed through her. Realization hit her, as the fast asleep Original evenly breathed down her neck and she snuggled closer to his bare chest with a smile on her lips.

She started reminiscing about the previous night, getting a tingling sensation in her stomach. Never before had she felt that close to someone, it seemed almost surreal. A silent knock tore her out of her memories, making Caroline squeeze her eyes shut to convince herself she was still sleeping. Please, no, she didn't want this moment to end just yet. To be perfectly honest, she never wanted this moment to end ever again, but of course that was rather unrealistic.

When another knock followed the first one, Caroline sighed deeply, carefully slipping out of Klaus' arms and into one of his Henleys, which had been carelessly thrown at the floor. She then tiptoed over various other clothing items towards the door and opened it silently, not wanting to disturb the peacefully sleeping Original.

"What the hell, guys?", Caroline hissed, staring into the stacked faces of her grinning three girlfriends.

"I told you she was gonna be here!", Rebekah triumphed.

Eyeing her common blonde in disbelief, Caroline shook her head. Of course it was them. Were they really that desperately looking for gossip?

"Get out", the blue eyed woman whispered, not intending to sound rude but wishing herself back in Klaus' arms.

"You didn't actually forget, did you?", Bonnie intervened, not intending to lower her voice.

Caroline closed the door a little further, as her friends tried peeking over her shoulders, leaving little to no space between her and the doorframe. Rather annoyed, she rolled her eyes at their behaviour. Of course she hadn't forgotten anything, after all, she never did.

Still, visibly flustered, she tucked at the waistline of Klaus' shirt, pulling it further down her thighs. She tried to gather what they were talking about but to her own embarrassment, her mind kept wandering back to images from the past night. Caroline could practically feel her face growing redder by the second, so she looked at the ground, hoping her friends weren't all too attentive.

"Caroline Forbes, undefeated control freak and self-announced wedding planner forgot about her own schedule?", Elena faked a gasp, covering her mouth with her hand.

Caroline's mind began to work, trying to remember what she had forgotten, when it suddenly came to her. "Of course, the wedding-"

She heard the sheets behind her ruffling, instantly hoping her friends hadn't been paying attention. To her disapproval, they obviously had. Elena tried peering through the gap in the doorway, which Caroline sort of successfully blocked with her own body, shoving her giggling girlfriends out of the room. Assuring them she'd be down soon, she shut the door with a quick 'buh-bye'.

Sighing relieved, she thumped her back against the closed door, closing her eyes for a second. She really should get her own place. Opening her eyes, her gaze fell upon the sleeping Hybrid, which relaxed her immediately. Silently, she tapped back towards the huge bed, kneeling down on the mattress beside him.

The outline of his figure was ridiculously visible under the white sheets, which were loosely draped over his lower half, making Caroline bite her lips. It was strange, how one minute they could be in a hot mess and then the next, he would melt her heart merely by sleeping so peacefully.
Before she could stop herself, Caroline found herself running her fingers through his curls. To be honest, she felt quite sappy but she couldn't help it anyway, so why stop now.