Chapter 11

Jack's P.O.V

"What...was that?!"

I turned around to see Mark wide-eyed. I was just as confused as he is, so I just answered as honest as I can be.

"What was what?" I questioned

"How come you didn't tell me you're an Alementor?!" he exclaimed, suddenly becoming the giddy one

"I didn't even KNOW I'm an Alementor!" I protested

"Well, you are now, aren't you?" he smirked

"Let's just head home in case the van returns." I stated

"Are you sure they'll some back?" he said "You did beat 'em up pretty badly."

"I, at least, want to take precautions." I retorted

He gave me a frown, before groaning.

"Fine."

We walked home, returning to our normal conversation like nothing ever happened. Nong long after, my house came to view, so Mark stopped there to drop me off.

"Thanks."

"No problem." he waved at me before continuing to walk down the street

I opened the door and dropped my bag on the floor.

"Ma! Pa! I'm home!" I shouted "And I have something to tell you!"

"We're in the kitchen!" they replied "Just wait in the living room!"

I rushed to the specified room and plopped on the couch. A few minutes had passed, but they were still not out of the kitchen yet. So, being my impatient self, I got up from the couch and made my way to the kitchen.

But, before I could even open the door, I overheard my parents talking about me and something else, but what I heard was muffled, so I put my ear on the door and listened.

'Eavesdropping on your parents isn't gonna hurt anybody, right?' I wonder, but still kept my position

"He should know who he really is, Mary."

"I don't know Tom, he might take it in the wrong way."

"He's grown up now! He'll understand."

"Alright, but I won't forgive myself if he breaks down."

I quickly but silently ran back to the living room once I heard footsteps nearing the door. I jumped onto the couch, nearly bouncing off from it. I quickly grabbed the remote and opening it to a random channel, hoping to keep it cool.

A few seconds later, my parents appeared from the corridor that I came from. A smile plastered on their faces. As to not bring up any suspicion, I greeted them.

"Hello to you too, kiddo," Pa acknowledged "Any news?"

With that, I suddenly remembered why I came to the kitchen in the first place; my new elemental powers!

"I'm an Alementor!" I exclaimed happily

A wave of shock hit their faces, according to their eyes widening, but their smiles were still intact. But then, the thought hits me.

"Why am I an Alementor whilst you guys are just regular Elementors?" I asked "I mean, it's not impossible...is it?"

That's when their smiles continued to fade. They glanced at each other in total worry before looking at me with the same expression.

Ma sighed "Honey...it pains us to say this, but..."

"We're not your real parents." Pa finished

"And you're not just an Alementor." Ma added sorrowfully

I was confused at first, thoughts whirling in my head like a tornado, but the truth came at me like an angry bull.

"I'm a monster." I muttered before running to my room

Tears were already falling as I bolted, thoughts flashing in my head about the bullies and other people making fun of me, but now they got a reason. I locked the door and slid onto the floor, pulling my legs up onto my chest as I cried my heart out.

"Hey...are you alright?"