Chapter 33

Mark's P.O.V

"You know what to do, Jack," the man said "Finish the job."

Jack stayed still, looking at me with a sad expression. The man stomped his foot in frustration before pulling out a remote, winding up the dial before pushing the button, causing Jack to jolt and shake uncontrollably.

"Jack! No!" I screamed "Stop!"

The man looked up to give me a smirk that's paired with those crimson spheres. That very stare had made me shudder.

 With the help of the boy with a white mask, Jack got back up to his feet, his face exhibited no emotion whatsoever. Then, he rubbed his hands briskly together, before pulling them apart, making a glowing ball that's the size of a beach ball.

"Jack, don't do this!"

"We're your friends!"

"Don't be the monster they think you are!"

Jack briefly glanced at us with a pained expression. Finally, he closed his eyes and looked down, closing up the gap between his hands, undoing the ball of fire.

"What are you doing?!" the man shrieked "Finish the JOB!"

"No!" Jack snapped "I would rather be a reject than your slave!"

Enraged, the man pulled out the remote again and twisted the dial so hard, it broke.

"Oh no! Master, that's the highest frequency!" the masked teen gasped "He'll—"

The man paid no attention and pressed the button. Immediately, Jack doubled over, shaking and screeching

...until he went limp.

"No..." the boy muttered, barely audible for me to hear

The man's pupils turned blue as he dropped the remote and smashed it into pieces, before collapsing onto his knees, undoing the metal cuffs before bawling his eyes out.

"You killed him!" I cried "YOU. WILL. PAY!"

I gave the two robots that were holding me a fire punch, getting a slight cut on the cheek by one of the swords. Then, I ran at the man with full force. Everything inside me burning with rage, my sadness only fueling the fire.

The man snapped his head up and noticed me charge as he bared his sharp teeth. He dropped Jack and waited for me to get closer.

I threw a punch at he, but he dodged at grabbed my arm. As quick as lightning, he twisted it to my back and pinned me to the ground.

"Alementor got feisty, eh?" he taunted "Now it's your turn to die."

I closed my eyes, waiting for his blow, but nothing came. Instead, he shrieked loudly, shouting a lot of profanities before getting off me. I turned around and saw nothing but dust on the pavement, on top of that stood my green-haired savior.

Jack's P.O.V

"Hey Mark," I greeted

He smiled brightly and tackled me into a hug, just like in the dream, but this is real.

"Jack!"

We got up and saw my friends all free from the net and coming over to us. Soon, we were all in a group hug.

"Uh...guys..." I wheezed "Can't...breathe!"

They all laughed, pulling away as I took big gulps of oxygen. After I recovered, they started asking me a LOT of question.

"We thought he electrocuted you." Tyler said

"Well," I began "It has something to do with Cry over there."

"Sup," he greeted "I knew he was going to use that on Jack, so I did some modifications so the highest number will produce the voltage of the lowest number."

"Cry told me all of that and we just acted it all out." I chuckled

"Alright, but we need to do one more thing." Ethan stated, pointing to the water tower

"Oh right, Cry, Jack, do you mind helping us stop this invasion once and for all?" Mark asked

"Gladly." we replied

All four of us manipulated the water in the water tower and we doused the whole town like a rain shower. All of the robots malfunctioned and blew up, leaving us to celebrate.

But I went to the dust of my father, which was now being washed away by the water. I sighed sadly as I let my tears flow freely from my eyes.

Suddenly, I felt a hand on my shoulder, startling me. I looked behind and saw Mark. He smiled comfortingly as he pulled me into a hug, letting me cry onto his shoulder.

"H-he was a kind man," I muttered "His d-demon is the o-one to blame."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As much as it pains me to say this. Yes, this is the last chapter. The epilogue will follow this one shortly after.