Chapter 7: a bloody background

Chapter 7

*15 years ago*

I began driving down 5th avenue in my new car to my angel’s house.

Pulling up to the apartment building that was covered and built with red baring bricks. I remember how growing up a trained assassin I would climb up the sides of buildings that were a lot like this.

My dad was born and raised in the middle east as a assassin like my family was years back and moving to New York we decided to settle down but I was rehired when I was 14 to a secret agency to be retrained. I remember my first kill it was horrifying yet satisfying at the same time.

One of my targets was Angel smith and when I went to load and shoot the gun I couldn’t. She was the most beautiful girl I have ever seen. I began following her and when I got my chance I asked her out and put my entire past behind me and now here I am today.

I walked up and pressed the intercom button and was buzzed in. I walked up to the 3rd floor and knocked on the door and as I did my Angel walked out. Her long black frizzy hair was straitened and pulled back and she had on a beautiful red dress and she was smiling back at me.

“Angel.” I said. She smiled. “Hello Michael.” She said. I took her hand and lead her out to the car and as she got in I saw her smile fade. I shook it off and got in to the front seat and began driving to Le claw one of the most expensive yet amazing restaurants ever. It’s so good you have to make a reservation 3 months ahead of time.

I smiled to myself thinking about how I was going to propose to her.

We got to the restaurant after a dead silence in the car. We got in and took our seats and ordered our food. I looked at my angel and smiled. She faked her smile. I leaned over and grabbed her hand. “What’s wrong?” I asked.

She sighed. “I have to tell you something.” Some clapping going on by the staff cut her off. They knew I was going to propose but they thought I had right now. I got out of my seat and down on one knee and said those magical 4 words.

“Will you marry me?” I asked holding out a ring in a little blue velvet box. She looked at the box and people around us awed. She looked down at the ring and opened her mouth. “No.”

She said. People around us gasped and booed. “What?” I asked pulling the box down. “I think I’m in love with someone else.” She said. “Who?” I asked standing up.

“Lucas Love.” She said. My heart shattered. My best friend. She had fallen in love with my best friend.

I took the ring and put it in my pocket. She stood up and touched my hand. “I’m sorr-.” She said and I cut her off. “No your not!” I yelled. I turned and stormed out of the restaurant.

I got in the car and speed away.

How could she and with my best friend.