Chapter 2

Theo's POV
    Me and Taylor were walking around town when I all of a sudden smelled the best scent in the world. I looked over to Taylor and saw him looking down the street. I looked and there he was, our mate.

He was this short little boy who looks around fourteen with shaggy brown hair, and he looks perfect. The only thing I don't understand is why he is in town all alone.

I look to my brother and it looks like we have the same idea. We both start walking in the direction that our little mate is headed, and as we got closer we started to hair sniffles. I could only hope that it wasn't our little mate, and if it was that he wasn't hurt.

We finally caught up to the little boy and could see the tears trailing down his face and my heart nearly broke right then and there. This little cutie should never have to look to broken.

On the side of his face you could see the beginning of a bruise so I reach my hand out to put my hand on his shoulder to ask if he is okay, but right when my hand was going to reach it's destination, he jerked away and spun around to look at me with a look of fear in his eyes.

Once he also sees my brother he starts to breathe heavy and looks like he's having a panic attack, so I do the only thing that I know will help. I pull him into my arms and hug his front close to mine, while Taylor hugs him from the back.

After a few minutes he finally calms down, and looks at us with a weird look on his face. I wonder what that's about. I'm about to ask, but Taylor beats me with a question of his own.

"Why are you out here all alone" he asked, and I could see our little mates eyes start to tear up, but I guess Taylor couldn't because he goes and asked "Would you like for us to take you home?" That just opens the flood gates for our little mate, so I pick him up and start walking to my car.

When we get to the car our little mate was fast asleep, so I have Taylor sit in the back then lay our little mate over him, just in case he wakes up so he won't freak out. I get in the drivers seat and start the hour long drive home.

We got all the way home and our little mate was still sleeping so instead of going to the pack house where we normally stay, I took us to our parents house so that we wouldn't disturb or precious sleeping boy. Taylor walks in first with me right behind him wondering what our parents are going to think. I mean really our mate looks like he is only fourteen, but I'd give him maybe, and I'm saying maybe sixteen.

When we walk in we hear our parents talking in the kitchen, so we decided to try to sneak our way up the stairs. Luck was not on our side because as we were just starting up our dad walked around the corner. He looked from me, to Taylor, to our little mate then back to me. "What did you do." Ugh, I wish would would have made it up the steps. "We didn't do anything, he just fell asleep" Taylor decided to answer. He just gave us a look then walked back to our mother.

That was surprisingly easy, way too easy. The next thing I know I see mom walking around the corner, and just have to wonder what dad told her because she seemed mad. "What did you do to this poor little boy?" Oh no, I knew it was too easy. I decided to take the reigns this time. "Mom, this like cutie right here is our mate." Mom never got to reply because we heard a sharp intake of breath.

Our little mate was look up at me with big blue eyes "What's a mate" he asked in a small voice. My mom just looked from us to our mate then left to rejoin our father in the kitchen. Damn it, what do I say to that? Should we just tell him the truth now? I mind link Taylor and ask him what we should do, and he said to just go for it, so here it goes. "Precious a mate is like what you humans call a soul mate. It is the person that you will love and cherish forever." He looked confused then asked "Why did you call me a human, what are you." I was so hoping he wouldn't have paid attention to that part. I looked to Taylor and he got the idea and answered "We are werewolves, but we won't hurt you because Theo and I are your mates."

I looked at him and I looked like he was processing the information. After a few minutes he looked at us and asked "You really won't hurt me?" Not what I was expecting, but okay. "No, we would never dream of it precious. If we would hurt you it would kill us" I assured him, and Taylor nodded. All of a sudden he looked up, "Can you show me your wolves?" I looked at him and smirked, "We'll show you our wolves if you tell us your name."