Chapter 1

Lauren’s POV

I log into tumblr, a regular thing for me. I spend all of my free time on tumblr. There’s something about scrolling through my dash that just makes me feel so relaxed. Of course, I always end up going to bed around 3 A.M because I get caught up, but let’s just ignore that fact.

I saw I had a new follower. Their name was waakeme-up, and like I always do when I have a new follower, I stalked through their account. It was such a cute account, and I instantly followed back. I felt oddly drawn to the person running the blog. I wanted to know them, and I don’t know why but I felt such a profound connection with them.

I suddenly notice the owner’s picture, and it was the most beautiful girl I had ever seen in my life, she had long brown hair and deep brown eyes, and I felt my stomach flutter a little when I saw her. She’s perfect. I knew that I had to get to know her, so I left a message in her ask. It read, “Hey, thanks for following me. You’re so pretty, it’s actually stupid :P.” It was cringey, and I sounded like a complete idiot, but I wanted to talk to her, and if that is what it took then so be it.

I scrolled through my dash, reblogging things that peaked my interest, saving some pictures in my tumblr folder too. About an hour later I noticed a notification, when I refreshed my feed. Waakeme-up had replied! I may have squealed a little, but I was so eager to see what she had said.

“No problem. And thank you but have you seen yourself your perfect :o.”

That made my smile grow wider, and I felt my stomach flutter again. I had addressed with myself before that I had feelings for girls, but I had never really told anyone, and now I can feel myself beginning to like a stranger over the internet. I am strangely okay with that. I mean people have met over tumblr before, and they have all stayed together for a long time. I’m getting so off track, she’s probably straight anyway. Even if she is, I’d love to be her friend.

I replied again saying, “Thank you, we should talk more often.”

And we did. For the next couple of weeks we got to know each other more and more. We found out we both lived in Florida, both loved One Direction and Ed Sheeran and we both ate way too much food. Within two weeks she became the person who I told anything and everything to, and vice versa. I am so glad that she chose to follow me and I chose to look at her account that day. I feel like fate had bought us together.