Chapter Four - Finn

When I see Noah enter the room again, he looks completely frazzled and nervous. Millie keeps glancing at me, then him, then back at me. Caleb is grinning at me, and Gaten keeps shaking his head. Sadie looks like she just got top-secret FBI information. I can tell that they're all keeping something from me. Whenever I look over at them to try and gather some information, though, they immediately turn and begin to snicker.

"Alright, is everyone ready to begin again?" Ross asks, looking around at the actors. Most people nod, and there are a few murmurs of "yeah" and "sure". The other kids are nodding vigorously, and I wonder why they seem so excited to finish reading through the scene.

"Noah, lets start with your last line," Matt says, turning to Noah who almost falls off of his chair. There are lots of giggles from Caleb, Millie, Gaten, and Sadie. Even Ross has a hard time holding back laughter. Why is falling off of a chair so funny? I turn to Noah, who flips through his script to find the right page.

"Okay, um," he begins, looking up and down on the page. He takes a deep breath, trying to get into his character. "Yeah, as in 'liked' you."

"Will, I'm sorry but I... I don't feel that way," I say. "Also I... like eleven. I'm sorry, Will." I turn to Noah, who is looking down as if the scene is real. He seems extremely disappointed and upset. I look over at the other kids, who are staring at Noah and I as if we are their favorite movie being aired. He immediately snaps out of his depressing look and turns back to his script.

"I-I understand," he says with a tone that matches his previous facial expression.

"Wait, do you hear that?" I say as the awkward part of the scene ends. It's really strange having Noah say that he likes me, us being such good friends. And yet, his sadness seemed so real for this being a read through. Maybe he's had an experience like this with a past crush?

"He-hear what?" Noah says with a shaky voice, snapping me out of my daze.

"That noise... it sounds like someone's in pain!" I yell with fear in my voice, ending the scene. Caleb starts clapping and Gaten joins in as the girls start whispering to each other.

"Great job Finn," Matt says to me. "Noah, I know that this is awkward but-" An eruption of laughter comes from the corner where the other kids are sitting. Caleb and Millie are bent over in fits of giggles, and Sadie and Gaten do their best to not laugh as hard as them. They've been laughing throughout this whole scene for no reason. My suspicion of them keeping something from me is only growing.

***

Hey guys! I've been trying update at least once a day, so that's why I've been writing such short chapters, also because of the perspective switches. I've made a temporary cover but if anyone can make a better one that would be amazing :) let me know in the comments. Also, if you want more of my writing, my personal wattpad account is Literaryunicorn . I'm working on a sci-fi novel and I would love if you read it. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this chapter and there will be more to come soon! -Charlotte