Chapter Nine - Noah

That was the most embarrassing thing ever.

I just had to bump into Finn. I just had to apologize about twenty times. And Sadie and Millie just had to be laughing the entire time! I run over to where they sit, blushing furiously. As soon as I join them, Millie speaks.

"What was that?" She says quietly, knowing that Finn is probably still nearby.

"Wh-what do you mean?" I say, hoping to brush off the experience.

"Everything!" Sadie says, butting in. "You were blushing so much I might have mistaken you for a tomato! And why did you say sorry so much? You know, normal people-"

"I know!" I yell. They look surprised at my sudden outburst. I continue to speak, quieter this time. "I know I'm terrible at this. And I know he'll find out eventually. But still, at least pretend I'm not failing!"

"We're not trying to criticize you," Millie says, attempting to calm me down. "We're just letting you know. I know you don't want Finn to know, so I'm just trying to help."

I look down, suddenly ashamed for yelling at her. "I'm sorry," I say solemnly. "I'm just nervous. I mean, what if he found out? That would ruin my life forever! And imagine if the press and the media found out!"

Millie sighs. "I know how you feel," she says solemnly.

"What do you mean?" Sadie asks her. Millie blushes immediately, almost as red as I was earlier.

"Oh? Oh nothing..." she says, trailing off. I give her a quizzical look, and she gives me a glance as if to say "We'll talk about it later now shut up."

"Uh... Should we study our lines?" I say, trying to change the subject.

"Yes! Yeah we should," Millie says, thankful for my sudden intervention. She pulls out her script and we make a triangle formation so that we can face one another. "Do you want to practice our next scene?" Millie asks.

"Sure," I say, attempting to push all thoughts of Finn out of my mind.

***

Sup ya'll! I hope you liked this chapter! What do you guys think Millie is hiding? I don't have much to write here, so here's a question (don't forget that you guys can answer too!):

Q: If you could, would you visit the upside-down?

A: Heck yeah. But just for a little while. (as long as the demogorgon didn't show up XD)

Bye ya'll! I hope you're enjoying the story so far!!!