Chapter 1 - Meeting The Killer

"Alright, guess I'll see you later then Natalie" I say with a sigh.

"You could always come Madison it's just a party! It's for fun" she says clearly trying to convince me to go.

I shake my head "Your'e wasting your life on stupid stuff" I sigh and continue "You need to worry about what will happen in the future."

She looks hurt by my advice, walks out, and slams the door.
I just want her to have a good happy future, and she is wasting all her time to make that happen.

I slouch down on the couch and turn on the television.

BREAKING NEWS BE ALERT
There is a criminal on the loose he broke out of jail late last night and has been spotted in East Texas. Keep your eyes out for this man.
An image pops on the screen of a man with dark, almost black eyes.

PLEASE REPORT ANY SIGN.

I turn off the television and put my head in my hands. East Texas that's where I live, he could be anywhere.

I walk outside onto the balcony of our small apartment and decide to text Natalie what I saw on the news.
----------------------------------------------
Natalie

Hey, I'm sorry bout earlier

It's fine Madison I'm over it

Did u see the news about
the guy who broke out of jail?

Yeah I don't really care

Just be alert ok?

Yeah sure whatever
----------------------------------------------

I really wish she cared about anything but partying and having fun. I know how to have fun but I can still prioritize my school work over it.

I walk back inside and grab my backpack and keys off the front table. I decide to go study on the docks where I usually do, I open the door, and lock it.

I watch my feet as I jog down the top floor steps and head towards the docks.
There aren't as many boats as usual so I walk to the end of the wooden dock and hang my feet over the water.

Picking up my backpack I notice a guy with a black hood on over his head staring at me. He looks around, stands up, and walks towards me stepping off of his boat but trips before his second leg can get over.

"Oh my god! Are you ok?" I ask laying down my backpack and running to help him.

He looks at me and makes an evil smirk. I see the same black eyes now staring at me.

Sorry for the short chapter I wanted a cliff hanger!!!!!!