Chapter. 26

*rewritten*

Brianna's Pov
   I sit here, along with little miss perfect and her mate. "Explain," she says moving her hair over her shoulder. "Justin and I are both wolves, along with most of the people at this school.. You, your little friends, and a few more people just happen to be some of the only humans here, or the only ones who haven't shifted yet.." I say and her eyes widen at the sound of her shifting.

"Wolves are allowed to communicate with each other through mind link, meaning they can talk to each other without moving their mouths. As far as mates, those are chosen by the moon goddess. If you get rejected by your mate then you'll most likely die. There are only a few instances where you may be given a second mate, a second chance. You and Justin are indeed mates,  and just so happened to find each other fairly quickly." I finish and she stares at me wide eyed at all the information she's taking in.

"I'm a wolf?" She whispers before going into deep thought. "You might be one, or you might not.. How old are you?" Justin asks with an raised eyebrow, staring at her in confusion. "17," she answers quietly, looking back at him.

Justin and I both look at each other at the same time.

'She definitely should've shifted by now.'  I mind-linked him and he nods. 'Maybe she just doesn't have it in her, maybe her family is full of humans. Or she could just be a late bloomer..'

'I can feel it though Bri.. She has it in her, she just hasn't fully acted upon it yet.. There's something about her necklace, I feel like I've seen it before, Bri.' He says and I nod at him slowly. "I noticed it the moment I saw her. Its vibrant when she's around you, what if it contains her wolf? But then again, maybe she could be something else.. What if she's a-" I refrained from finishing that sentence when I saw his jaw clench and he glares at me.

"Are you guys seriously mind-linking in front of me?" She asks with a slight pout and Justin's face softens as he looks at her. "I'm sorry," he grabs her hand and kisses it softly.

"How did you know we were mates?" She asks, a warm smile playing on her face due to the tender kiss that was placed on her hand. "When you're a wolf, everything is much more powerful or defined. Whenever we find our mate, it's due to either an increase of a smell coming from a person, or an increase in emotion. I can also hear your thoughts and feel what you are feeling. Whenever you're hurt or in danger, I am aware. Same with if you're upset. It also hurts me if you're doing something with someone else, whether it's kissing or fucking-"

"Wait so that was you..? In my head telling me to stop when I kissed Gray?" Alyssa cuts in, glancing at Justin. "Yes," he mutters, his cheeks turning a light red as he looks away. "How come I couldn't feel anything whenever you did shit with her?" she asks pointing up at me and I shift awkwardly. "Because since I'm a wolf, I'm more sensitive to everything. So you may only feel it subtly since you're human." He explains and she nods slowly.

"I didn't see you the first day here, but I was aware of your presence due to the way you smelt; lovely," he whispers to her and a blush forms on her cheeks. "Then when I saw you in class, I knew you were my mate. It took everything in me to hold my wolf back and to not mark you without your consent." He states, looking intently at her and I roll my eyes, the jealousy I couldn't help showing.

"I know what a mark is, and I- It sounds painful. I don't want it," she says and Justin frowns, something sparking in his eyes that made nervousness rise within me. "You don't want to be my mate," Justin almost grits out, and I stand up behind Alyssa, giving Justin a look which hinted for him to take it easy.