Carmen(Teaser)

Author's note!! This is not the real one shot, this is about a quarter of it. This is a little teaser to get my book out and have opportunities for people to get to know it. Please enjoy!

it was a cold day in january when josh dun received the letter. he was invited to a party held by tom hooper, a director josh often wrote to. josh himself was an aspiring director, so the fact that hooper was responding to his letters really made his day. the letter read;

"dear mister joshua dun,

it is with great excitement that I invite you to a party to be held on the 10th of february. also at the party will be many other aspiring directors like yourself, some other big directors, some aspiring actors, and some big actors. i hope you'd like to come, i look forward to meeting you.

sincerely, tom hooper."

josh was beyond excited. he told all of his friends about this event, and they were all proud of him. josh was actually pretty proud himself, he had never really been that special. he tried sports, music, he had never really found an art that worked for him. he finally had decided to try his skills at writing a film and look where it got him! That documentary on lana del rey was completely worth it. someone was finally admiring his art. maybe at the party he'll find someone to play his beautiful and magnificent lana in his film.

at the party, josh was honestly kind of bored. he has nobody to chat with after he arrives. he was let in and just kinda... forgotten about. he was not even able to speak to hooper, as he was busy with others. josh was just kinda there, ending up sitting, in the backyard, with a drink. now, the party was a quiet event. it was just a room full of people who spoke to each other in quiet voices. even the press was calm, that is, until the limo arrived. it was a long white limo that parked out front. josh saw it when he went inside for a drink. suddenly, everybody rushed inside, toward the door. out of the limo stepped a beautiful man. he wore a shimmering silver dress, with heels to match, his hair in a neat, curly fluff on his head. the man wore a little bit of makeup on his feminine face, not an overwhelming amount, just enough to enunciate his features. he had a bright smile as he looked at everybody waiting for him. he was truly stunning. josh found himself flustered in this boy's presence.

"who is he...?" josh whispered to one of the press workers standing beside him, photographing the man's entrance.

"who is he? how do you not know who he is?? that's tyler joseph! he's the star of hooper's newest movie."

"you're joking.." josh replied. he could swear his heart stopped as tyler walked beside him.

"nope. one-hundred percent serious." the worker then approached tyler, demanding photos and asking questions. tyler remained calm, answering them. josh admired the calm atmosphere of the boy. he also liked how carefree tyler seemed. tyler didn't care if close-minded people judged him for being in a dress or for wearing makeup. tyler just put on a bright smile and rocked it. and josh was digging it.

soon everything at the party to do with tyler's entrance had calmed down. everybody was back to doing their things, which left josh to sit in the backyard alone, yet again. he swished his drink in his hand, not even wanting to drink it anymore. all he could think about was how dazzling tyler was. he really took josh's breath away, he couldn't stand the thought of tyler talking to others. it almost made josh jealous. why would tyler spend his time talking to anybody else? he should be spending it with josh, for josh would be appreciative. 

not after long, though, josh felt a presence next to him in the backyard, causing him to be shaken out of his thoughts. he looked up, and saw the dazzling boy. why was tyler sitting out here with him? tyler, meanwhile, seemed to not even notice josh was there. he took a small, plastic bag, filled with white powder, out of his purse, sprinkling some of the powder into his drink, then swishing it with his finger. the sound of his acrylic hitting the bottom of the glass was the only thing able to be heard beside the distorted music from inside. 

tyler took a huge swig of his drink, then looked over at josh. it was as if he just realized he was here. "oh- hello."

"hi," josh gave him a smile, though it probably looked more like a cringe. he was nervous, what does one say when a celebrity speaks to them? 

"m'name is tyler," he smiled.

"josh."

"ooh, how suiting," tyler giggled softly. "what brought you here?"

dammit, josh is gonna have to mention that he's a failing screenplay author, how impressive. "i- uh... i'm looking for a lead for my upcoming film i'm writing. it's about lana del rey- well, lizzy grant, and how she came up, how she got discovered and came to be."

"interesting," tyler smiled. he seemed to genuinely care. wow. rare in josh's case. "seems like it would make a hit in the hipster community."

"that's what i'm hoping for," josh admitted with a chuckle. 

tyler gave him a soft grin. "y'know-" he was sadly cut off by his manager calling for him. "and that's my curfew! ugh, sorry about that. i'll see you around, yeah? dm me on twitter." the boy stood up, slowly stretching his abdomen then looking back at josh. "bye josh, it was nice meeting you."

"you too, tyler. buh bye." and with that, the superstar left.