honest.

i'm supposed to call you, but i don't know what to say at all.

CHRISTMASTIME WAS HERE. It finally snowed.

Nari would wear thick wool sweaters at home— old ones with Alice's scent on it, as grandma-smelling as it may have been. But she wouldn't have known with the stuffy red nose she had, due to the cold weather. Or maybe it was because it was recovering from her fifth mental breakdown.

Her body felt slow and dragged. Winter made its entrance at last, chilling her home, making her wish she knew how to use the dormant fireplace in her house. She felt goosebumps gracing her shivering skin.

Buzz.

YOONGAY
nari. tf

YOONGAY
it's been 2 weeks

NARI
i'm sorry yoongi-ssi... something's happened.

Yoongi was calling, and Nari dropped her phone.

She refused to answer. It was sad, because the voicemails were dwindling as the days passed, and Yoongi stopped leaving them. He probably thought she didn't listen to them (even though she did).

It's been a week since Alice's accident.

Nari told no one about Alice's fall and deteriorating health, but was reluctant to accept that Jimin found out. On his trip to the hospital in Daegu, knowing that his brother was being transferred there, Jimin caught Alice being wheeled to a different room. As of today, only Jimin knew, and promised to keep it a secret until circumstances forced him to speak.

Lazily, Nari picked up her phone and stared blankly at the missed call from Yoongi. She missed them. She missed their spontaneous visits to her dreary house and dreary life.

Jimin would raid her shower and Jungkook would sing pretty melodies in the quiet halls. Hoseok's mere smile would brighten up the rooms. Namjoon's acceptance to random favors made her day. Jin would bring her flowers. Yoongi would be open to talk about the deep things. 

And Kim Taehyung.

He would do anything— and she knew that.

I miss you.

Nari swallowed another painkiller. She felt like she was overdosing, but not on purpose. She just hated the pain in her head and the stabs in her brain.

I miss youand when I think that, I want to say it out loud. And when I say it out loud, I know I'll miss you moreand when that happens, I just want to scream it to all of Korea until they kick me out into the ocean.

Alice is not getting better, and I haven't told anyone except for Jimin-ssi, so the bills are... I just don't know if I can support her for long. But I'm not going to depend on you.

I just miss you. That's all.

She took a moment to breathe in the silence.

"Here's your order," Hansol chirped, placing a to-go bag before her customer, before leaning in to whisper, "oh mighty V."

Taehyung jerked, finger raised to his lips covered in a mask on instinct. Hansol laughed at his reaction, shrugging.

"It's not a big deal. I won't let the world know you're here, so no worries."

"Is that why the sign outside says it's closed but you said it was a 'mistake' so that I can come in and you're the only employee around right now?"