Finders Keepers

The Group split up;

 Ebony, Charlotte and Jarrod going the way The Group originally came from to get to the car, and Eveile and Katerina (who are on opposite sides of the bed/chair the boy is now laying on ), Wyn (who is carrying a container holding a variety of medicine), Rihanna and David (who are holding bags of food) and Alysha (who is memorising a map on the wall), all of whom are going the opposite way becausethey have to go around the hospital to get to the recovery room.

*

Jarrod lead Ebony and Charlotte down to the flight of stairs, then down the white passage way to the emergency room, the emergency room was still empty. Jarrod then took Ebony and Charlotte to the car.

They entered the car and Ebony started to work on the radio – it was a detachable one – and Jarrod and Charlotte sat there silently.

Charlotte broke the silence, “I don’t think any ‘Invaders' where responsible for the vending machine breaking, they were just simply punched. A few of them had blood in the tips of the broken glass, whereas others had a chair or solid object near the breakage.”

“So there could be people just like us?” asked Ebony

“Most likely, but why wouldn’t they have met up with us?” asked Jarrod.

“Maybe because they couldn’t hear us, you saw how there was no blood, brown or red, around. Maybe everyone was evacuated?” suggested Charlotte.

“Then why the need for food?” debated Jarrod.

“Because, some stayed back?Because the evacuating were being attacked?Because they feel it is better to hide then run? But again, why wouldn’t they meet up with us?” exclaimed Ebony.

“because… they weren’t there at the time, everyone ran and took whatever they could find, the hospital was a stop off point, everyone just ran into stores, taken good, ran,” suggested Charlotte.

“That would make sense, but would the ' Invaders' follow? Or are they still here?” Jarrod asked, looking around suspiciously and slightly frightened.

“Ok, I’ve just about taken the radio out,” announces Ebony, slightly pulling out the radio and unclipping a few clips.                                                           

“Pass it here for a second,” demands Jarrod, once Ebony removed the radio out completely. Ebony passes the radio over and Jarrod gets out of the car, “maybe there is a broadcast.”

Jarrod turned on the radio and raised the aerial. He flicked through all the broadcasting signals, but only heard static, but then he found the signal ’96.1’ and heard this, “attention all civilians, there has been a virus of unknown side effects and unknown origin, the virus has gotten anyone within twenty five meters of a victim, we advise you evacuate immediately to the rural areas, towns that have been taken are as follows; In Queensland; Brisbane, Townsville, Cairns and Rockhampton. In Northern Territory; Charlotte Waters (Jarrod laughed but stopped because Charlotte shot Jarrod a look), Darwin and Alice Springs. In Western Australia; Perth, Kalgoorlie, Denmark, and there has been large activity in the community, and community’s surrounding Joondalup….”

They all stopped listening. For they were in the Joondalup region.

“What are we going to tell the others?” asked Jarrod.

“I-I’m not sure,” replied Ebony quietly with fear in her eyes.

“But we can’t keep this a secret, even if they get scared they have to know about this Jarrod! We are in a crisis so no secrets are to be kept!” exclaimed Charlotte. “But I’m worried... why haven’t we been attacked?