1.

-

Normani's POV

"Please Lo, this is not the time for Tumblr poet sayings!" I said to Lauren on FaceTime, running my hands through my hair, as she quietly laughed at me. I was nervous before meeting Val and I didn't know why. Ever since I found out he's my partner yesterday and spent 4 hours watching videos and interviews of him, I've been hit by butterflies in my stomach constantly. "He's so perfect" I thought to myself, and instantly regretted it. "THIS. IS. COMPETITION. ONLY. COMPETITION" I repeated to myself in my head over and over.

"Chill out Mani, who wouldn't like you? Wait, tell me, how old is Val?" Lauren asked as I nervously made weird movements with my jaw.

"Errr... 30"

"OH MY GOD Mani! Are you f-" Lauren joked as I cut her off and stuck my tongue out at her.

-

Val's POV

"Just trust me for once!" Maks whispered mid-way our trip to a "secret location" (his words).

"If it's another Late April Fools prank with Laurie, then no thank you." I said as he looked at me and rolled his eyes.

We arrived at the front of a building and I was led out to a dimly lit hallway as he asked me something.

"Do you know who Fifth Harmony is?"

"Yeah, they were like, Normani, Camila-"

"No no no brother, Camila left in December. Don't bring her up too much." He said as he cut me off.

"Why shouldn't I bring her up and what does this have to do with anything?" I asked.

"Trust me."

-

Normani's POV

"HOLY SHIT LAUREN HE'S COMING I HEAR IT OKAY BYE HAVE FUN" I half-said, half-screeched as she got hung up on. I snuck up next to the door and waited for Val to get here and maybe try to scare him while I'm at it. Suddenly, the door opens.

"Hello?" Val said confused as he came in the room.

"BOO!" I screamed as I jumped infront of him.

He almost fell to the floor but got up fairly quickly. He's such a cutie and yet he's so sexy.

"I'm Normani, nice to meet you! I'll be your partner this season." I said, as I leaned in for a hug with the biggest smile while trying not to have a heart attack.

"Oh my god! Nice to meet you. You're from Fifth Harmony, right? I've seen you guys perform on the show like 2 times. You were amazing." He said as my heart started racing. He knew who I was?! What is this sorcery?! I was so in shock that I let out a quiet "Oh my god."

"What was that?" He asked.

"Nothing."

-

Val's POV

I just found out that Normani from Fifth Harmony is my dance partner, and honestly, I couldn't be happier. She is so nice and so pretty, plus I've only known her for this time being. Infact, I think I'm developing a crush on her. I've been single for a little while, and ever since Amber, I haven't felt this way for anyone. Not Zendaya, not Kelly. No one.

"Okay so, first of all can I call you Mani?" I ask her nervously.

"You bet. I actually prefer that!" She reassures me with a cute little smile. I can't imagine this same person sitting infront of me doing all the sexy choreo and having all the necessary chemistry with me. But honestly, I think we will make something. Something magical. I feel it already. Suddenly, my phone vibrates in my pocket. I take it out and see a text from Laurie.

"Ayo! Just a reminder that we're going to lunch today. Knowing you, you probably forgot ;) haha jk. Can't wait to see u. x"

I really did forget, but I didn't wanna break this moment with Mani. I had to.

"Okay so I have to go to lunch with a friend, but we can text and I'll tell you when we're doing all the photoshoots, interviews and rehearsals."

"Okay. Can't wait to see you again!" She says, still smiling.

We exchanged info and hugged as I went back to the car where Maks was waiting for me with a grin.

I HOPE THIS CHAPTER WASN'T TOO BAD Y'ALL.

It's my first attempt at actually writing a story, so I hope I did well.

NEXT UPDATE SOON!