02.

published: 080118.
word count: 1540.
qotd: what font do you use for reading on wattpad?
aotd: georgia!

"DEREK! DEREK!" a voice dripping with frustration calls out, his feet hurriedly making their way down the dimly-lit stairs, entering the subway cart at top speed. His jaw lay open as his eyes searched the abandoned space.

"What's wrong?" A deep voice calls out amidst the darkness.

The boy inched closer towards the sound, "M-my dad. I think he's dead." His chest heaves as he utters through breathlessness.

A figure appears amidst the darkness, broad shoulders leaning casually against the rusting metal. His crimson eyes glow as he emerges into view, concern evident on his face, "What did you do?"

Isaac's eyes look down in rushed thought before meeting again with his alpha's, "I did nothing. It wasn't me."

GROGGILY, ALINA opened her eyes and slightly lifted her head from the sofa at the sound of the front door clicking shut. The sound of shuffling shoes made the girl sit up on the couch, her focus solely on the doorway to the living room.

"Isaac?" her hushed whisper was followed by a tall, curly-haired boy entering into the room, rubbing fists at his eyes, "Where's Mr. Lahey?" she whispered almost inaudibly, noticing his eyes trying hard to stay open.

He shrugged lazily in response, sighing heavily before cocking his head to one side, "What are you doing up? It's almost three in the morning."

Alina looked up at him with immense tiredness, "Who said I was up?" Isaac was stood by the side of the couch with a poignantly confused look on his face.