Freak

I sighed as me, Axel, and Olivia made our way to Endercon. Olivia and Axel walked ahead of me, talking about the build. They were both two years older than me, but they still accepted me into their team. I smiled as I looked up at the sky. "Excited to win today?" I looked to my side to see Reuben, his short brown hair practically glowing from the sunlight reflecting of of it. I nodded. "Ready as I'll ever be. Axel and Olivia stopped walking and turned to face me.

    "What?" Olivia asked with a confused expression. I gave them a smile. "Just talking to Reuben," I said. They both exchanged concerned glances before turning and continuing on their way. Neither of them believed Reuben actually existed. In fact, no one did. Everyone thought I was crazy, talking to someone who isn't their. I was the only one who could see or hear him. But that didn't stop me from talking to him. I sincerely wished that Axel and Olivia would believe me about Reuben. Most of the time they'll pretend they do, but they're horrible at acting.

    As we neared Endercon, Olivia turned to me. "Okay, Jesse, we're near Endercon so you need to stop talking to Reuben so we can focu," she said. I nodded, knowing full well that wasn't the real reason she wanted me to stop. They both hated it when I talked to Reuben in public. That didn't stop me from doing so, though. It's not that I want to embarrass them. I love them. But I also love Reuben, and no way am I going to neglect him. As we approached the check-in desk, I heard Axel speak up.

    "Great. It's the ocelots." I looked up and, sure enough, there they were. As we grew nearer, they took notice of us and turned around. "Well, well, well. If it isn't the order of the losers," I heard Aiden say. Aiden had always loved making fun of us. He especially liked to poke fun at me and Reuben. "Great. The fail squad's here," Maya said. Maya was the only girl in their group. I noticed that Aiden usually treated her differently than Lukas and Gill, and while he'd never admit it, I think everyone knows why. "Lukas, get a load of these losers," Gill said, turning to Lukas. Gill was usually trying to include himself in the group. I think he's pretty uncomfortable in his own skin, but he tries to act confident. Lukas was the last one to turn around. He was the most reasonable of their group. He usually tried to avoid conflicts and would usually try to persuade his team to do the same, but to no avail.

    "Let's go, guys," he said. He started to walk away, the others trailing at his heels. Olivia stepped up to the desk and gave the lady our team name, the Nether Maniacs. We found our booth and started getting settled in. A few seconds later, I noticed Axel and Olivia looking at the ocelots' booth. I turned around to see what why they were looking at it. "They have a beacon? I freakin. Beacon?" Axel complained. "That's stained glass. They're not just building a beacon. They're building a rainbow beacon," Olivia observed. I stayed silent, but Aiden must've heard them because he started to walk over, Maya and Gill trailing behind.

As much as I knew Aiden, Maya and Gill were jerks, I couldn't help but look up to them in a way. They really were good builders. That's why I usually took what they said seriously. Olivia and Axel told me they were lying when they insult me, that it's just a cruel joke, but really there's always a little bit of truth to every joke. I looked down as they approached. "Well, well, well. If it isn't the order of the losers. Again," Gill said. Axel and Olivia glared at them, but I just kept my gaze down.

I could practically feel Aiden's smirk. He loved it when he knew his insults got to me. I think that's why he targeted me the most. "Is Jesse still a delusional freak?" Aiden mocked. I glared at the ground but said nothing. "Don't even think about insulting Jesse!" I heard Olivia defend. Aiden laughed. "I don't see why not. She's just a freak," he said. I looked up to see Olivia and Axel clenching their fists, but they said nothing so Aiden continued. "She'll just make you guys seem like even bigger losers. I'm surprised you haven't ditched her yet," he laughed. "Don't you-" Olivia started, but Maya cut her off. "Don't worry. She'll still have her imaginary friend to keep her company," Maya laughed. I felt slow tears fall from my eyes and I didn't bother to wipe them away.

I felt my cheeks burn with embarrassment. "Shut up," Olivia said. Aiden cocked an eyebrow. "Oh? Is what I said not true?" he asked. "As a matter of fact, it's not," Olivia said. Aiden opened his mouth to speak when we heard Lukas shout from behind him. "Aiden, stop goofing around. We have work to do!" he said. Aiden glared at us. "You're lucky I'm busy," he said before turning and walking away.

Hope you guys like it :) Idea just came to me today and I'm excited to write it :)