21 years old

Rick asked me out on an official date.

I know there is no strings attached, but I'm on cloud nine right now so I would rather not stress about that until the ship is about to sink. 

I'm old enough to experience such feelings. I'm still very young so I have to enjoy my life. I'm only 21 years old. I haven't reached the age of 30 yet, where I have to think of settling down. 

Wait, Rick is 33, what if he brought me here to tell me that his getting married and that I should forget about him and all the nonsense that follows. I can already picture him saying it.

"Amy, there is something important I need to tell you."

Then I would have to be like," Yes!" 

Why does it sound like I'm excited, well because I am happy! Technically thinking about it, I was actually picturing him asking me to marry him and I was shouting out yes before he even finished his sentence. How romantic that would be, but that's all in my head.

We had dinner at a very expensive restaurant, his treat of course, then we drove around for a while until he decided to surprise me with private Hula dancers right by the ocean while the waves crashed at their feet. It was such a beautiful night, but why is it that the men must always make the decisions (big or small). I wasn't really complaining about it, but it just seemed so unfair.

I remember him staring at me until I turned as red as a rose, at least that's how I felt. It's better to describe myself as a rose instead of a tomato, because roses are prettier. The stars twinkled the night away while his lips crashed on mine. I could smell the strong Cologne he had on and I felt like my legs were letting loose until he reached out to me and caught me before I ruined the moment by falling face down on the wet sand.

He took me over to Anthony's house and then he drove off. What a beautiful night and an amazing year!