Chapter 3

Mack pulled into the driveway of her childhood home right at 6:00. Marc's car was here already, and as she got out of the car and started walking toward the door she could hear the sound of talking and laughter. She let herself in since her mom insisted that this was still her house and that she treat it as such and she still did, this house, this town, would always be home because this was where her family and her heart is. As she walked in she could smell her mother's cooking and hear the T.V. on in the living room. She went to the kitchen knowing that was where everybody would be.

She saw Marc and his wife Mary first then her mom, they still didn't know she was there, so she just stayed in the doorway and watched them with a smile on her face.

"Hey mom, do you know where in the hell Mack is?" Marc asked in a way that was totally Marc.

Mom sighed and said, "Your sister should be here any minute. She told me she'd be here by supper time."

Marc huffed and said, "Well she needs to hurry her little ass up before I decide to start before she gets here."

Mom turned on him and pointed her wooden spoon at him and said in her mom tone, "Marcus Elijah Samuels, you will do no such thing. We will wait for your sister."

"Aw, but mom," he started but she cut him off.

"Don't you 'Aw, but mom' me, we will wait for your sister," mom said with finality.

Before Marc could grumble something, Mack said "Well then it's a good thing I'm here then, so we can feed your fat ass."

By the way mom smiled she had known Mack was there, and by the way Marc jumped she knew he hadn't and Mary was just laughing at Marc.

He smiled at Mack and got up and started over to her and said, "Well, I may be a fat ass, but you know you still love me."

She laughed as he pulled her into a bear hug and she said "Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, keep telling yourself that big guy if it helps you sleep at night."

He laughed and stepped back to put some distance between us and looked her up and down and asked, "Have you gotten skinnier since I saw you last weekend?"

She punched him in the arm and said, "Would you shut up, I know I'm as skinny as a twig, but do you have to keep bringing it up?"

"Two things, one ouch, and two yes I have to keep bringing it up because I know it gets to you," he said smiling.

"Whatever," was all she said as she walked past him and went straight to her mother who was smiling at them and hugged her and said, "Hi, mom."

"Hi, my baby," Was all she said as she held her tight.

It had been about six months since Mack had last seen her but she still looked amazing. Mack pulled away and kissed her cheek then went over to Mary and knelt in front of her so she wouldn't have to get up. She was about seven months pregnant and glowing.

"Hey Mary, how are you doing?" she asked as she pulled out of the hug.

Mary smiled and rubbed her stomach gently and said, "I'm doing good, great actually," then she jumped a little and said "and he's quite a kicker this one," then she placed Mack's hand on the spot where she had felt the kick and asked "Do you feel it?"

She did, and every time she felt the sensation it felt like a miracle. "Yeah, I feel it. Hey Marc, I think your going to have a lot of soccer games to go to in the future," she said hoping she didn't sound as envious as she felt.

When he only smiled at her she knew that she hadn't and he walked over and laid his hand on Abby's shoulder and said, "If I'm lucky."

Mack stood back up and faced her mother and asked, "Is it dinner time yet, because fat ass isn't the only one who is hungry."

Adele laughed and said, "Yes Mackenzie, it is dinner time. Why don't you help me get everything on the table?"

She made it sound like a question but Mack knew that it was an order, one that was meant to be followed. "Of course, mom," was all she said. Mom had made a pot roast with mashed potatoes and gravy, greens with homemade cornbread and carrots. They had all just sat down and were getting ready to dig in when the knock sounded on the door.

Mack looked at her mom and asked "Are you expecting anyone else?

Mom shook her head and said "Not that I recall."

Mack stayed her with a hand when she went to get up and said, "I'll get it mom, you guys start eating," she wanted to give whom ever was at the door a piece of her mind.

As she was walking to the front door she heard Marc say "Somebody's in trouble," the way he said it had her shaking her head.

She was still shaking her head when she opened the door, then she was frozen with surprise when she saw who was on the other side of the door. She found her self looking in to familiar deep green endless eyes that haunted her dreams. It took her a moment to find her voice even then what came out was little more than a whisper. "Adam."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Pretties, 

Here is another chapter for you guys. Please comment and tell me what you think. I will continue to try and do weekly updates, but with school still going on updates might very. Have a good rest of your week Pretties!