Chapter 1

Cassandra's POV

Beep, beep beep. Oh great, another day in hell. Well, you think I shouldn't be thinking like that? You're wrong.

People see me as The beautiful, smart and popular girl. But my life isn't that simple. At home, my mom doesn't care about me at all. I'm 13 and I'm home alone most of the time. Almost everyday, she comes home drunk and I keep suffering from that. You're wondering where my dad is? Well, he left my mom after she started drinking, like 5 years ago. I was 8 and I still have the image of him leaving stuck in my head. So, I don't have anyone to defend me when she decides to hit me.

At school, I have to keep the good girl image, fearing that one day people will discover my secret, that's my biggest fear. I don't trust anyone, I just talk to that people to don't be so alone, but they're all fake and rude, they bully a lot of people and I don't like or do that. I'm the quiet one.

I quickly got out of bed and went to my bathroom to take a shower. After 5 minutes, I get out and open my wardrobe, getting my uniform, a red polo, khaki skirt and white knee lengh socks. I quickly put on my uniform and some red vans. I put my hair up in a ponytail, put my rayban glasses on and ran downstairs.

On the 5th step, I already could see my mom passed out on the living room floor. I quickly pass her, grab an apple and run to get the bus in time.

Hayes' POV

I can't believe my mom ignored my excuse. I'll guess I'll have to go to hell again. Oh well. I got out of bed and took a quick shower, and after that, I put the school uniform, that are tan khakis, a red polo with the school logo and put on some black Vans. I swipe my hair to the side,while I went downstairs. "Bye mom!" then I quickly grabbed a granola bar and went to the bus stop.