Chapter 2

Cassandra's POV

I guess I left home too early, the bus will be here in 20 minutes.But it's better than my mom waking up and hitting me again. On my way to the bus stop, I was thinking about making some real friends, someone I can trust, when someone popped in my mind. The boy that the jerks at our school bully, he looks so sweet. I know that sometimes when he's in his mom's house, he comes to that bus stop, so let's wait. But.. that all guy in a red polo, that's him! I'll go talk to him.

Hayes' POV

I was getting closer to the bus stop when I see Cassandra walking closer to me with a smile on her face. Her friends were always jerks and bitches to me and other people, but I've never seen her doing anything to anyone. So, I guess a small talk won't hurt right?

"Hey! How are you? " she asked sweetly. I don't really know if I can trust her, but she doesn't look bad, I'd like to have someone I can trust. Maybe that someone is her, I gotta try.

"Hayes?" she said laughing.

"Oh, sorry I think I zoned out. I'm fine and you?" I asked, smiling in a shy way to her. 

"I'm great, thanks for asking! We have 1st, 4th and 7th class together right? Do you wanna hangout at lunch and maybe sit together at the 7th class?"  She smiled at me. All of a sudden her "friend" Natalie pulled her by her arm, making Cassandra make a disgusted face. 

Cassandra's POV

OH MY GOD! Why does Natalie thinks she can control me? I don't even like that fake bitch. Here we go, ugh.

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?!" she shouted at me. I can't handle this anymore, she's going to hear all I have to say. Better alone than with her.

"I'M TALKING TO HIM, YOU FAKE BITCH, HE'S A BETTER PERSON THAN YOU! I PREFER STAYING WITH HIM THAN WITH YOU. I'M TRYING TO BUILD SOMETHING WORTHY WITH HIM. I'VE NEVER LIKED YOU, NOW SHUT THE FUCK UP!" I shouted back as I ran off  with tears in my eyes,but before I could go any further, I felt Hayes hugging me, wihile I cried on his chest.

"I can't handle this, I can't do this anymore" I cried and cried...

Hayes' POV

I heard her fight with Natalie. I hate that bitch. She dated almost all the guys. Slut. I zoned out again, when I felt something running past me, it was Cassandra. Without thinking I just pulled her back and hugged her really tight. 

"Shh princess, I think it's better for you to don't go to school today right? It's okay, I'm here, I'll take you to my house and you'll stay there until you get better. Come on, let's go." I said while playing with her hair, trying to calm her down. I picked her up bridal style and carried her to my house, that was a 2 minute walk from the bus stop.

" MOM, NOT GOING TO SCHOOL TODAY!" I shouted to my mom while making my way to the my bedroom, passing my stepdad John, that pulled me back and hit me in the stomach, making me drop Cassandra.

"What the hell!" I shouted while making pressure in my stomach, trying to ease the pain.

"You little piece of rubbish." He said with an emotionless face, walikng away with a bottle of vodka in his hands.

At this point, I couldn't handle anymore. I just sat there and cried, trying to make this feeling go away.