Chapter 4 (Prince)

His behavior changed randomly. I could sense the change in our environment, but a glance at the others proved none of us had any ideas about who was causing the change. Suddenly he stood and started running. I dashed after him, the others trailing far too slowly. We all found ourselves at an old oak door in no time.

"Please, no more! Please!" Anxiety shrieked.

"You need to be managed." a hard voice spoke, only slight femininity under the tone. "Orders are orders and the brain is telling me to kill you while I can." I turned to the others, who had just caught up.

"Go check Thomas. Find out who's doing this and try to stop this from happening!" I urgently stage whispered to the others. They darted off quickly with only slight looks of, inconvenience more than anything.

"Stop! Please..." when he whined and went silent I broke down the door. The sight I saw only stopped me in my tracks for a moment. He was unconscious. A woman was bent over his body. Her fists were raised and his hoodie was laying off to the side along with his shirt. His upper arm had a bright 100 on it that stood out against his pale skin. Without a thought, I raced over and punched her away, collecting Anni in my arms. His breathing was shallow and he was hardly responding to me when I ran off, intent on getting to the others.

Somehow, my feet kept leading me to that horrible room. I sat down outside the door with Anni in my arms.

"I'm sorry Anni." I whispered softly into his ear. He leaned into my touch, trying to hold on. Slowly, an idea came to me. I closed my eyes and reopened them to a room with a big conference table in the center of it. Why didn't I think of this earlier? It would've saved Anni from some of his embarrassment. I'm so stupid.

I glanced around the room, noticing the other figures sitting around it. There were several of them. Anni's own weakness, his anxiety, his hopes and dreams, his logic, his depression, and his humor. (*In other words Prince is now inside Anxiety's mind.*)

"The body is barely hanging on." Weakness reported to the others.

"I'm obsessive when just one thought of you comes up

And I'm aggressive, just one thought ain't close enough

You got me stressing, incessantly pressing the issue

Cause every moment gone you know I miss you." Hopes and dreams began singing in the background of Anni's mind. It was a good song but my attention stayed focused on the other people inside Anni's mind.

"I'm the question and you're of course the answer

Just hold me close boy 'cause I'm your tiny dancer

You make me shaken, I'm, never mistaken

But I can't control myself, got me calling out for help."

"I hadn't noticed we were so weak." Humor said, his voice laced with a heavy coat of sarcasm.

"S-O-S, please someone help me

It's not healthy for me to feel this

Y-O-U are making this hard

I can't take it, see it don't feel right

S-O-S, please someone help me

It's not healthy for me to feel this

Y-O-U are making this hard

You got me tossing and turning, can't sleep at night."

"No time to argue about that. Have we come to a decision or must I ask my question again?" Anni's anxiety asked, clearly the ruler of Anni's mind.