Chapter 11- Jenna

My eyes flutter open from the smell of food and the sound of a door closing. Luke walks into the room from the little hall with a cart of what looks like breakfast. I groan while I stretch and lazily look at the clock. Its only 8:30, I thought it was much later. I sit up groggily and smile at him, while wiping the mess of hair from my eyes. I get out of bed and throw my hair into a lazy bun and walk towards Luke. I hug him and he kisses my forehead and rests his on my head, bending down a little. 

      " Your too good to me." I state as I walk away to brush my teeth really fast. I don't know if he answers or not but I am already in the bathroom and staring in the mirror. I look like a rat, scrawny hair matted to me head from sleeping, makeup under my eyes, plump, gosh. I put my hands flat on the counter and lean on them as I shake my head looking at my hands.

     " God. So fucking ugly." I mutter, not even wanting to look in the mirror. I try not to really pay attention to how insecure I am, I think it's looked at as trying to get attention, so I ignore it to the best of my abilities. Sometimes it's hard to do that. I find my hairbrush and pull my knotty hair out of the bun it was in and rip the brush through my hair. I look in the mirror to see if I was actually settling my hair to see Luke standing in the doorway frowning at me.

     " Jesus, Luke. I didn't see you there." I go back to brushing my hair, wondering if he heard what I said earlier.

     " Your wrong." He mutters under his breath.

     " What" I say, even though he knows I heard him.

     " I said," He leans off of the door frame and walks towards me slowly. " Your wrong. About what you just said." 

     " Luke-" 

     " No. I don't know how you can ever look at  yourself and possibly think that your even remotely ugly." He stands behind me and wraps his arms around my waist and rests his chin on my shoulder. " I for one think your drop dead gorgeous."

     " Luke-" I try again.

     He turns me around, only half of my hair brushed, and kisses me sweetly on the lips.

----------------------------------------------------

     I finished getting ready alongside Luke and we ate our breakfast, me reminding him how utterly sweet it was the whole time. I grab my bag and phone off of the charger and put my glasses on, while Luke gets a beanie and sunglasses and had out of the door. 

     Luke grabs my hand as we walk towards the elevator and presses the button, signaling it to come up. On the way down he kissed me on the cheek and when I looked he was looking up to the corner of the elevator like he didn't do anything. He looked down with a smirk on his beautiful face of his. " What?"

     " You're so cute Luke." I chuckle.

     " I have no idea what your talking about." He smirks. The doors open and I grab his hand as we step out. he leads us to the busy room, nodding at certain people and saying excuse me a million times.

     Eventually we get to the car and it hits me that we need to come out of our little bubble of happiness and go to a hospital. " Luke."

     " Yeah babe?"

     " How are you feeling? " I ask.

     "  I'm not gonna lie. " He says. " I'm a little nervous and scared about what the day might bring."

     " Me too, Luke." I say as i put my hand over his. He looks away and starts the car and I look up the directions on my phone. I also text Natalie that we are on our way and we will be there shortly.

--------------------------------------------------

     We've been here for about 20 minutes. Jenna woke up late last night but we can't visit her because she's still in pretty critical condition. Natalie is a wreck, she hasn't brushed her hair in a few days, hasn't slept well in the lousy hospital room, and has been eating hospital food for a while. I feel so bad for her. She must feel the worst.

     Suddenly, Natalie came running out of the room. " Hey! You can come and see her know. She can sit up and hold things now and speak better." We rush in and Natalie is immediately right next to Jenna's arm. " Jen. These are my friends, Jacey and Luke. There like... a thing." She chuckles at the end. Jenna sits up a little bit. She cringes a little bit from pain. She has multiple bruises on her face and body from what I can see. Her hand is in a cast as well.

     " Hi Jenna. I live next door to Natalie... So does Luke." I squeak out.

     " So you guys live together?" She asks, smiling. Her voice is rough and scratchy. She takes a gulp of water.

     " No." Luke answers for me. Jenna points to a chair next to her bed, looking at us from over her cup as she takes more water. She seems like a really nice and open girl from what I have gathered. I sit next to her and Luke stands behind me with his hands on my shoulders.

     " So. You guys are obviously going to be my new neighbors. I'm moving in with Natalie now." She states.

     " That's great. We all live on the end of a culdesac. There's a nice private beach nearby, restaurants, and a pier with rides and stuff" I say." I just moved here this summer a few days before Natalie. 

     " I've been here for a while." Luke chuckles.

     Suddenly, a doctor walks in and asks Jenna a series of questions about how she's feeling and ends it telling us when she can come home. " She can go home with her new legal guardian," He checks his notepad, " Rosalie C. in two days time." Jenna smiles in her bed, obviously relieved to leave this place. She nods, and then cringes and puts her hand on the back of her neck.

     " That's great. Thank you." Natalie says from behind Jenna's bed. Jenna lays down and grabs the remote on her bed, turning on her small TV perched on a high shelf on the wall facing her bed. " Welllll. " Natalie says, stressing the "l" just a little too much. " I guess you should get your rest. I'll be here early in the morning." 

     " Okay. I'll see you then. It was really nice meeting you. I can't wait to see the new house." She says to Natalie, then to me and Luke who stood up, then Natalie again while clasping her hands together above her chest. 

     " Yeah." Luke says behind me, obviously not knowing what to say. I close my arm around him, reassuring him silently. 

     " See you really soon, Jenna." I say as we walk out of the door and into the long hospital hallway. 

     Natalie closes the door behind us quietly and turn to us. " You know," She starts and looks for the right words to say. " It really me a lot to Jenna, and me, that you came today. I cant tell that she really likes you two." 

     " That's nice, Natalie." I comment. " Anything for a friend." 

     " So I guess I will see you tomorrow." She ads. " Like at home or something- you don't have to come again... I mean if you don't want to!" She talks too quickly.

     " You know, you don't need to be nervous around us." I tell her. She breathes out heavily, as if she was holding in a breath.

     " I know. But i just met you guys and you are so nice to me already, I just don't want to mess this up." She chuckles nervously.

     " Nooooo. " Luke says. " You cant get rid of us that easily. Your stuck with us. " We all laugh at his humor. He always seems to lighten up the mood at the right time and make people more comfortable.

     " That's good," Natalie says as we walk out of the hospital doors.

     " Well, we will see you tomorrow!" I say.

     " Okay, see you then." She says as we part our ways to our cars.

*****------------------------------------------------------*****

GUYS I HAVENT UPDATED IN LIKE- FOREVER AND IM REALLY SORRY BUT I'VE HAD ALOT OF SCHOOLS STUFF GOING ON. I WILL TRY MY VERY HARDEST TO MAKE MORE CHAPTERS AND FASTER! <3 ILY