Secrets (Nash and Hayes Grier Fan Fiction)

Chapter 1; How It All Started

It started in the 8th grade. I became friends with Karmen Layne, the most popular girl in school. She was really sweet and cool so I wanted to become friends. After that, we talked every second of the day and I had so much fun with her. But after about 5 months of being friends, she started getting into some really bad stuff. She did drugs, alcohol, and would go missing for about 4 days then coming back and act like nothing happened. Each time there were search teams and amber alerts but it became something that repeatedly happened so after awhile, they just stopped looking and every time, she would come right back. She never told me anything about her life and I began to feel like she didn't like me or she didn't trust me. She was my only friend because once I became friends with her, I ditched all my old friends because they seemed lame. So when Karmen started acting up, I had no one to go to. So I started doing drugs and thought maybe Karmen would feel like we have a connection and she would talk to me again. It helped with our relationship, and she influenced me to do worse things than drugs. I became a whole different person. I was into things that months before I would've never imagined I would get into. I became one of those kids my parents warned me about.

I got away with doing drugs and alcohol for months. My parents never found my secret stash in the shoebox at the top of my closet. I stole their drinks a little amount at a time so they wouldn't notice. I thought I would never get caught. But on February 16, 2014 at the dinner table is when they told me.

"We know about what your doing. Drugs, alcohol. We've known for a while now. We have decided that it's best for your health if we move so you can keep distance of anything here that might influence you to do this stuff. We are moving to Moorsville, North Carolina and you have a week to pack your stuff. Once we get there, you will start a new school and go to therapy so you can break your drug and alcohol addiction." Said my dad.

Chapter 2; A Whole New Beginning

That's how I got to where I am today. In a car on my way to Moorseville, North Carolina. I almost forgot to mention, my name is Anna and I live, I mean lived in a small town outside of San Francisco, California. Yes, my parents are making me move from Cali all the way to NC. Great parents right?

*27 hours later*

We just arrived to the new house and it's beautiful. Its huge, which is strange because I'm an only child so it's just me and my parents. It's landscaping is gorgeous and the house matches all the other houses on the street. It's the definition of perfect.

I walk inside and go up to my new room. My parent have obviously been planning this out because they have completely redone my room. Whatever, I like it. The first thing I do is take out my phone. I text Karmen. No response. How am I ever going to survive without her.

Seconds later I hear a knock on the door. Eww, neighbors. I go downstairs and answer the door because my parents were to lazy to get it themselves. These neighbors were not eww. One looked about 14 or 15 and the other looked about 15 or 16. The little one spoke up first.

"Hey, my name is Hayes. We live right down the street and our mom told us to come introduce ourselves."

"And I'm Nash. I'm 16, and Hayes is 13. We're brothers. How old are you?"

I awkwardly stayed silent because I was so attracted to both of them, not even noticing he asked me a question.

"Hello?" Nash said.

"Oh. Sorry. Haha I'm 15. My name is Anna. I just moved here from California." I responded.

"Cool! I've always wanted to go to Cali!" Hayes said with his adorable southern accent.

"It's not that great," I lied. Just trying to start a conversation.

"Well we better go but maybe you want to hangout sometime?" Nash said.

"Yeah that'd be great!"

"Okay. See ya around!" Nash said, walking away.

I am going to love this place.

Chapter 3: Nash's POV

This is the first time I can ever say that I'm excited to go to school. Anna was going to be there and I was so excited to see her again. She was beautiful, with brown hair, blue eyes, and freckles. She had a great sense of style and she seemed really sweet. I am ready to get to know this girl better.

Hayes's POV

I woke up an hour early just to make sure I looked perfect today. Well I look pretty good everyday but today I had to look perfect. Anna is going to school today and I cannot wait. She's so hot and I'm sure she's got a great personality! I'm so excited to show her around and introduce her to all my friends!

When I walked downstairs, Nash was already ready to go and he was eating breakfast really quick.

"Nash what are you doing up so early and why are you eating so quick?"

"No reason. Just anxious to go to school today. What about you? Your never up this early?!" Nash said.

"I'm anxious too! I'm ready to see Anna. Did you notice how attractive she is? I can't wait to show her around school today!"

"Yeah I noticed. And I was kinda planing on doing the same thing." Nash said.

Oh no. Me and Nash are going after the same girl. This is not going to end well...