Chapter 4

Anna's POV

Today is the first day of school. I am so nervous I can't stop shaking. When I got out of bed I walk over to my closet. I put on my favorite pair of leggings, my big sweater, and some boots. I curl my hair and do my makeup extra pretty.

When I get downstairs my mom already has breakfast ready and my dad is sitting at the table drinking coffee and reading the paper. It's only 6 am and my parents already look like they've drank 4 cups of coffee and ran 5 miles.

"Hey sweetie. Excited for your first day?" My mom asked.

"More nervous then excited."

"No need to be nervous, I'm sure you'll make friends"

Every parent always says that on the first day of a new school and it never seems to happen. Probably just trying to make me feel better.

"Sure. Well I gotta go. See you guys later."

"Bye honey! See you after school!" Screams my dad.

When I walk outside to go to my bus stop, looking at my phone and not paying any attention, I run into someone.

"Oh my God. I'm so sorry I didn't mea-" I froze. I recognized him. He had the most amazing hair and the cutest eyes. It was Nash.

"Sorry. Wasn't paying attention to where I was going." I say nervously. He's so hot.

"Haha it's fine. So, excited for your fist day?"

"No, not really. Haha I'm not the best at making friends" I say shyly.

"In sure you'll be fin-" Nash was interrupted by Hayes.

"Hey Anna. What's up?" Hayes said. Completely interrupting Nash and not even apologizing.

"Nothing much. Just talking with Nash." I said.

"Seems like no fun." Hayes said, "well I've been really excited to see you. I can't wait to show you around the school today." He said.

"Um hayes I think I'm okay. We don't have any classes together, I'm a grade ahead of you"

"Oh yeah. I forgot. Sorry for some reason I thought you were my age." He said looking a little sad.

We awkwardly get on the bus, me and Nash sitting together and leaving hayes all by himself at the back of the bus.