Chapter 30

Zane's P.O.V

Once we get up we both start to rush out of the house.

"Stay low to the ground!" Caleb shouts as he drops down to his knees, he brings me down with him and I start to cough.

Caleb and I exit my room, I look down the hall to see my moms room with the door shut, I look back at Caleb to see he's making his way over to the stairs, I grab him and pull him back.

"Zane! What are you doing?!" He yells at me.

"Caleb, my mom, we have to get her," he looks at her door and nods.

I grab the door handle and then pull my paw away and scream in pain, "Ow! The fucking door handle is hot!" I yell out.

Caleb looks at me then the door, stands up and smashes against it, again and again. He growls, backs up a bit and kicks the door right next to where the door handle is.

The door smacks open and we see my mom laying on the ground, passed out surrounded by fire.

"Mom!" I yell out getting up, going to get her up.

"Zane stay back, I'll get her, I don't want you hurt," Caleb says to me, as he walks into my moms room.

He picks her up and carries her out of the room and heads for the stairs, I follow closely behind him. We get to the front hallway I remember something I left in my room, I stop and Caleb turns around.

"Zane come on we're almost out of the house!" He shouts.

"I left something in my room, I have to go back, take my mom outside and get to the road, I'll be back." I say to him, I give him a quick kiss on the cheek, I then turn around and run up the stairs.

I get up stairs and I get to my room, I look around quickly and make my way to my desk. I open the drawer to it to reveal a small picture of my father and I. I take out the picture and I slide it into my pocket.

I walk out of the room to see the flames have gotten bigger, I quickly make my way down the stairs but trip, all I can think to myself right now is, 'great Zane, just great, when they find your body you're going to look like an idiot.'

After I reach the last step from falling I hit my head on the ground, I feel a searing pain on my left leg. I look back with my vision blurred and starting to go black to see my leg under something that's burning.

"Ahh Caleb," I try to yell my but lungs are filled with smoke.

I take one look around to see a finger running to pick me up, "Caleb!" I say but before I pass out I see it's not a wolf, it's a husky. Axel.

Caleb's P.O.V

I set Zane's mom on a stretcher for the paramedics, I turn around seeing that Zane is nowhere outside and I don't see that he's coming out of the house.

I start to worry, I go to walk but a paramedic pulls me back, "I need to make sure you're okay." She says to me.

"But my boyfriend is in that house!" I yell, tearing up a bit.

"Don't worry he was just brought out by that husky," she says to me. I turn my head to see axel carrying Zane out of the house, he spots me and walks over to me.