Six; A Sick Teacher (part 2)

Karasuma looked over his students, seeing them happily chatting with his colleague, Takaoka. He couldn't help but feel off about the entire situation, but he just shook it off.

It's probably his imagination. Keyword: probably.

Karasuma took one last glance at them and walked back inside the building, not noticing the paper being pulled out of Takaoka's back pocket.

And thus, also missing the shocked faces of the Class 3-E's students as they gaped at the new schedule they were about to take.

"All the way until 10:00 pm?!" Sugino exclaimed, shock written over all of his features just as Karasuma was out of hearing range.

"But what about homework? Or tests?! We can't ignore school!" Maehara stated, standing up and meeting Takaoka head on.

Takaoka only smiled, petting Maehara's head.

~>♡<~

Karasuma's eyes skimmed through the images of Takaoka's former subordiantes.

"Are you sure those kids are okay with that Takaoka guy? He comes off as awfully forced." Irina stated as she stood a couple feet away from Karasuma, leaning on the door frame.

Karasuma only nodded and said; "Maybe his form of teaching, to act as if the students are family, is better than mine."

~>♡<~

Gon and Killua flinched as they felt something bad coming off as waves from the man. They narrowed their eyes and stood abruptly, about to rush forward but froze as Takaoka did something unforgivable.

Takaoka kneed Maehara in the gut. With a smile, he let go of Maehara and tossed him to the side.

"Maehara!" The class called out in concern, Sugino and Gon running over to the downed teen, who struggled to rise.

"Oh, come on!" Takaoka looked at them with a grin. "I've only got a couple months to whip you guys into alien slaying assassins, so of course it'll be long!"

The new teacher walked around, crouched down, and hugged Kanzaki and Mimura by the neck.

"Besides, I'm your neighborhood dad, right?"

"Uhm... ano..." Kanzaki awkwardly escaped the hug and stood up, before bowing slightly in an apologizing manner. "I'm sorry, Takaoka-sensei, but I, and I'm sure all of my classmates, will have to refuse your schedule. Some of us have strict parents while others simply want to focus on their studies as well."

Takaoka stood up from his crouching position, a threatening smile on his face. Kanzaki, who was seemingly oblivious of the threat his smile held, gave him a small smile of her own, but sweat dripped down her forehead as she felt tension rise and her body urging to get away! and RUN!

~>♡<~

Karasuma stared the photos he was currently scanning, analyzing and taking in the scenery, the faces, the forced smiles.

Takaoka seemed to be a great man, and a good teacher--with the keyword: seemed.

The man himself stood there, standing in between four men he trained. Those said four men had their hands formally behind their backs as they kept their smiles.