Chapter One- Charlotte

Plopping myself on the brown recliner, I'm hit with a cool sensation on my bare legs. "Thank God we have air conditioning," I mention to my roommate who is laying face down on the long couch, and she grunts in response.  "What do you think about going to Foundation tonight? I can invite Mia," she grunts again. "Harper you need to get up, don't let your him win" another grunt. I sigh and get up from the chair and head upstairs to get ready for the club. I leave my curly dark hair down to flow just barely past my elbows, and begin on my makeup. Its dark and dramatic, just the way I like it. I pull up my black tight dress, which has a deep v to show off the cluster of flowers I had tattoo'd just below my breast when I was 18, To top off the outfit I wear black leather dagger stilettos to add a solid 5 or 6 inches to my height which I was surely going to regret later. The tight fabric really shows off my pear figure and the heels really do lengthen my legs.

I catwalk out of my room to check on Harper, but she is still on the couch snoring. I poke her with my heels and force her to go get ready. She keeps it simple with a mauve dress that has a halter neck and very open back. Her makeup is simple: brows, highlight, fake lashes, and lipgloss, and her wavy light brown hair is up high and to the side, but still is crazy long. She wears nude chunky heels that aren't more than two inches tall.

By the time she was ready, we were being picked up by Mia, who wore a white skater dress and red kitten heels that looked stunning on her. Her black a-lined bob was straightened and her makeup is just mascara that brings out her bright blue eyes and a rosy lipstick to emphasize her pale complexion. We climb into Mia's car, and drive into Seattle for Foundation Night club. 

The two girls leave to sit in the booth and talk, they haven't seen each other since Harper hasn't really left the house, and I grab a glass of whatever and move to the dance floor. I have no idea who the featured artist is tonight and I don't care as I dance and bob my head to the bass heavy song. After an hour Mia comes to my side and dances for a few minutes, before saying she was going to take Harper home. "Text me when you want to be picked up, she isn't feeling so good" I nod and continue to dance with the closest guy.

He's tall with long curly hair, his face shows he hasn't shaved in days. He had puppy brown eyes and thick eyebrows. I grab his hands and pull him closer to dance with, I texted Mia that I would take a cab home with full intentions of bringing this man with me. 

~~~

It was around 9 am I heard a shriek from Mia and I hurried downstairs. My head was foggy and I didn't remember a thing from last night but I knew it had to be the one night stand. Mia stood angrily with her footie pajama's on, holding a broom and ready to swing at who I brought home.  "Mia, oh my god" I ran to her taking the broom away. "He's fine, I brought him here" she sighed "Really Char? I thought you invited me here so we would all have a good time, I was up all night worrying about you and wondering when you would be home" 'We've must have been quiet' I thought. "Sorry to bombard, but I have to go " said the man and he snuck out the door before I could get a good look at his face sober. 

"Who was that guy?" Mia asked, I shrugged in response and head back upstairs to wake up Harper and change into more comfortable clothes since I was half way in my dress from last night. After changing I saw a note on my bed:

Charlotte,

I had a great time with you last night, we should meet up again. (xxx)xxx-xxxx

-Hugo

I saved his number and texted him an apology for Mia.

~~~

Mia had left, and Harper moped on the couch, Parks and Rec was playing in the back ground. It has only been about a week since Harper cut off this guy she was kind-of seeing, and I was so over her moping.

"Harper, get over it. You guys were just friends, I'm not trying to be insensitive but you need to just move on, plus his nose was HUGE" she groans in response. "No im serious Harper,  you have to get over him, you two were just friends and only ever will be friends. He has a girlfriend." She makes a choking noise and soons begins to cry. "Oh my god" she hiccups, "You're right. Im sitting here mourning when he's out there fucking some girl." She lets out a shakey breath, "I just care so much, you know? I thought we were best friends but he didn't fight when I left his place. It was a one sided relationship" she lets out a sob "he never cared" she mutters before running upstairs to her room. Oh fuck am I going to hear about this from Mia.
~~~
"What the fuck you mean you made her cry?" Mia shouted through the phone "Im sorry I thought tough love would work, anyways she subtlety kicked me out. Asked me to go stay at Harriets" Mia laughed, "of course she did, did she ask for you to bring back some cookies?" "Yeah" I replied. Mia agreed to comeover and babysit, and now its time for me to find some plans.

After walking through the city, I recieved a text from the man from last night asking me if I was going to Foundation tonight. I texted back that I'd be there before realizing my outfit,  leggings and a hoodie. "Fuck me" I muttered.

<Hey, I actually can't go. Kinda got kicked out tonight for making my Roommate cry and I'm not dressed for the occasions. Maybe tomorrow night>

Less then a minute later Hugo responded with a location to meet him at. 'Well, what do I have to loose?' I thought before sending a smile emoji back and turn left ready to make my way to meet hugo.