Chapter Three- Harper

I laid limply on the couch while Mia tried to balance dinner rolls on my butt. "Man, I can't get pass four rolls," I grunt at her. "Well, I guess four is a pretty high number," she mutters to herself. Staying still, I stare blankly at the T.V., not even Parks and Rec could cheer me up. What Charlotte said was true, I wasn't even dating this guy. We had met at this bar downtown and immediately clicked, almost everyday from then we would hangout. Whether it was getting coffee or watching movies at eachother's places, hell, I would even drive him to work because I was so desperate to see him.

It had happened so fast. I practically fell in love with him in less than half a year. About three months ago, we were watching StarWars at his and we ended up cuddling. I can't explain how we even got there, but he kept staring at me in a way that made my chest tighten. He kissed my cheek which made me all red in the face. He started to kiss my neck and I thought I was going to die, but thank god Mia had called me. I was brought out of whatever happened and pushed him off the couch.

After that, things got back to normal, like that never happened. For awhile- more like the whole time, I thought he had liked me. He held my hand, he'd buy me food, constantly texted me, and he even bought me flowers a couple time, he treated me sweeted than any other guy. I genuinely believed he had feelings for me, ever since he bought my drink at that shitty bar. I thought each coffee meetup and lunch was a date, he even brought me my favorite flowers on my birthday and chocolate on shark week.

I sighed oh so dramatically, "whats up?" Mia asked. I let out the ugliest sob, the type that turns your throat completely raw. She rushed over,  pulled me off the couch, and cradled me in her arms. The rolls went everywhere as I cried, "I just... I'm so- Im so" I tried to speak in between breaths and tears. "I just" Mia shushed me. "I cared so-so," she sat quietly. Her arms stayed still around me as I sputtered nonsense. "Im-im pathetic." "No. No you are not" sternly she said "he wasnt honest with you. He knew how you felt. He wasn't blind," my cries had slowed as I calmed down. "Mia, im so embarrest. I thought he was into me. But man I was so wrong, " she sighed "stop blaming yourself. You acted human and he wasn't clear. That moment he grabbed your hand he should have thought about what signals he was sending you." We both sad quietly on the ground, they didn't know what happened between hin and I. They only knew that I came home crying saying everything was fake.

I let out a huge sigh again. "We were going to get teriyaki and go back to his to watch the lego movie," my eyes began to burn. "He wasn't there so I grabbed his food for him then walked over since it was supposed to be his turn to drive. I knocked on his door and heard nothing so I let myself in since it was unlocked.  I sent a text that I got the food and was already here, but heard his phone in the kitchen." My eyes were full blown watering, "I went to his room and heard people, when I went in he was having sex with some girl. She screamed and ran, probably thought I was the girlfriend which I thought I was too. He got so mad- so mad." I took a shakey breathe and calmed myself.

"After she left its like he got more mad. He wrapped the sheet around himself and stomped over, he began to yell 'what the fuck are you doing here?' And he grabbed me really rough 'do you not understand I don't need to see you every fucking minute?' He yelled in my face. He pushed me of the doorway of his room, I was frozen still." Mia looked at me sadly when the tears began to fall. "He told me everything was a mistake, I was only supposed to be a one night stand. Everytime we went drinking he tried to get me drunk enough to get me to sleep with him. I was supposed to be easy, but then it turned into his game. He said, 'it was my goal to see how flustered you would get with little things. I started to really play when it became so easy. I pretended to actually care and invest what sad friendship we had, then you became useful with giving me rides and buying me food. And wow your coworkerd are so hot.'"

I let out a cry and broke down, but I had to continue. "He pushed me against the wall, I was shocked and scared. I could feel my heart breaking." I shivered still feeling his tight grip on my arm. "He began to kiss me, but I stopped real quick. He didn't say anything but grabbed my stuff and shoved me out of his apartment. I fell down and he yelled 'Stay the fuck out of my life and leave me the fuck alone ' and I walked home in the dark crying " I was ugly crying again. "This-that is so shitty," Mia muttered. By the time I stopped crying it was late enough for me to shower and go to bed. When I finally got comfortable in bed I could hear Mia and Charlotte talking downstairs. 'I hope I don't wake up tomorrow' I thought before finally falling asleep.