Chapter 4

That morning, as Sam ate his breakfast, he came up with a plan. He knew how to lose that extra weight he'd be gaining. It was risky, but it was worth it.

When he got to school, he thanked Finn for the ride, and told him he had some homework he needed to finish. But instead of going to the library, he went to the science hall bathroom. That bathroom was almost never used, ever since a newer one had been built near the cafeteria. It was the perfect place to do what he was about to do.

Sam locked himself in a stall, and knelt in front of the toilet. He stuck his index and middle fingers down his throat. A couple of tries later, he started throwing up.

After he finished, he unlocked his stall, and walked out. He rinsed out his mouth, and washed his face and hands. He checked the time, and as he did, the bell rang. He hurried off to class.

__________________________

At lunch, Sam sat across the table from Quinn, trying to eat his food. Someone must of told her everything, because she kept nodding at his plate, as if to tell him to keep eating. The only thing that kept him going was the thought of how he'd get rid of all this food.

Once Sam had finished all of his food, he got up and told Quinn, "I'm just going to go to the bathroom before class."

Quinn looked at him worriedly. "Do you want me to come?"

Sam rolled his eyes. It was only one day in, and already he was getting hardly any privacy. "Don't worry," he whispered in her ear. "I'm not going to kill myself." And he stormed out.

When he looked back, he could see Quinn wiping away tears. He felt like a jackass. He promised himself that he'd make it up to her.

Than he walked to his new bathroom.

__________________________

After Sam had walked away, Quinn sat there, staring down at the table with tears in her eyes. All that she'd wanted to do was to help Sam. Now he probably hated her.

"Hey Quinn," Mercedes said, interrupting her thoughts, "you ok?"

Quinn nodded, than got up and ran from the table.

She was upset. Very upset.

Beep.

She checked her phone, and saw that Sam had texted her.

Hey babe. Can you come to glee early today?

Quinn replied with a quick yes, than went to her next class.
__________________________

After the last bell rang, Sam ran to the choir room. He wanted to apologize about lunch and explain everything to Quinn.

He waited for five minutes before she got there. She walked in and sat next to him. He took her hand.

"First of all," he started. "I just wanted to say how sorry I am for what I said at lunch. It's just that since the doctors appointment yesterday, every time I want privacy, people give me worried looks. I didn't mean to make you cry."

Quinn looked at him and smiled. "I just want you to tell me what's going on. Please?"

Sam nodded. "Ask anything you want."