Chapter 7

Sam woke up Saturday morning feeling a bit happier than usual. After he had dropped Quinn off, they had texted late into the night. That was the first night he hadn't cut in weeks.

When he went downstairs, Finn was the only one there. "Hey man," Finn greeted him.

Sam smiled back. "Where is everyone?" He asked.

"Mom and Burt both went to work, and Kurt left about half an hour ago to go see Blaine, saying something about a bow tie disaster," Finn replied. "You have any plans today?"

Sam shook his head. "No, I was just going to hang out, and try to beat level 12 in Call of Duty."

"Well Mom left your breakfast in the oven, but after your done, want to watch me kick your ass at Call of Duty?"

Sam smiled. "You're on dude."

He quickly ate his breakfast, eager to spend a day playing video games with his best friend.

They played a couple of rounds, before Finn started talking to Sam. "So do you want to talk about anything?"

Sam rolled his eyes. He was hoping to get through the afternoon without any of this crap. "Not really."

"Well I'm always here if you need to, ok?"

Sam nodded. "I know. I just don't really feel like having a manly talk about my feelings today."

Finn grinned. "You sure?" He teased.

"You just want to stop playing because I keep kicking your ass," Sam teased back.

"Shut up," Finn replied, grinning.

The two boys hung out for the rest of the day, stopping for lunch. Then Finn checked the time, and realized that he'd forgotten about his date with Rachel. He ran upstairs, and got ready, before getting in his car and speeding to her house.

Sam shook his head and laughed. Rachel was going to be pissed. He was glad Quinn wasn't like that.

__________________________

The rest of the weekend went by fast. Sunday had been a good day as well. He had hung out with Quinn for awhile, and than Puck, Blaine, and Mike had come over to play video games. They had had a lot of fun.

__________________________

Monday morning, Sam woke up. He could tell that it was going to be a bad day.

He was proven right when he got his math test back, and saw a big red F on the front. Same with his history test. He'd studied so hard for those. He was obviously just really stupid, because it didn't matter how much he studied. He always seemed to fail.

At lunch, he struggled to eat all of his food. He didn't want to disappoint, or scare, Quinn, but he couldn't bring himself to eat it all. And with her, Kurt and Finn keeping a close eye on him, he wouldn't be able to run to the bathroom before class started.

The glee kids had started to talk about the math test they had gotten back earlier. A bunch of them were in Sam's math class. They were all comparing grades.

"Good job Artie!" Blaine exclaimed. "Since you got an A, maybe you could help me prepare for the next test? I'd really like to improve my B."

"Yeah of course dude," Artie replied.

The rest of the kids in that class had all seemed to get at least a B- . Even Brittany managed to scrape by with a D.

"Sam," Mercedes asked. "What'd you get?"

Sam sat there. He didn't want to tell them. He didn't want his super smart friends to know how much of a failure he was. So he shrugged and said, "It doesn't matter."