High School Nightmare..

High school life is a lot more different from elementary and college life. But you know what high school were the most exciting years in our lives. There we could meet our new friends, close friends, true friends, other kinds of friends, ultimate crush, other crushes and also the curiosity of having a boyfriend and girlfriend (most of them).

I remember when I was in high school, there was the guy I used to love and used to love me too? (I guess). He is Stephen Joseph Enriquez Ocampo. Well he was my batch mate and a school mate.

Since freshmen year I had a crush on him. He was very nice and handsome guy that girls would like to have as their boyfriend. He is good at playing basketball (three point shooter), in short he is a heart throb.

As time goes by my feelings go deeper and deeper and I realized that I’m already in love with him. Everybody knew that I have a crush on him or maybe they knew that I love him. Our teachers always tease me when it comes to him, then my face will turn red because I’m blushing.  Lots of people told me that “You look good together!”  I’m so flattered, but I think this was just a one sided love.

I’m a negative thinker when it comes to him, because I always think of the other girls that he like. Most of the girls he likes were my friends (my peer). He even wants him to court them. He courted one of my friends Carol Lim, when we were in 1st year but she told him to stop (maybe she realized that I love Josh so much).

Year passed and I still love him, and always hoping that he would notice me.

Then a special event came, our Sports Fest. I’m in charge for the food and drinks of the players and I also volunteered to be their water girl. I enjoyed my job, why? Because I can always see him. Then the most awaiting game came. The basketball game (his game). I’m his number one supporter and his number one fan. When the ball is in hands, I give him my best cheer. I’m shouting his surname as loud as I can like this “GO! OCAMPO!” with matching big smile. Lots of people beside me even the teachers noticed what I’ve done. Then every time Josh got the ball they were shouting my nickname, “Go! Mika!” then they will look at me and give me a very meaningful smile. After the Sports Fest the Victory Ball is what we are waiting for. Hoping that our crushes would ask us to dance with them.

Another year passed he still didn’t noticed me. Is he numb that he can’t even feel that I like him? Well, why would he bother? He even doesn’t like me either.

January 11, 2010 that night is the happiest night of my life. While I’m eating my dinner in my grandmother’s house someone texted me. It was Josh’s friend Daniel, I thought it was Daniel who texted me. But unexpectedly, the one who texted me was Josh. He told me that they will pass by;so he told me the color of his shirt so that I could recognize him. After I ate my dinner I went to our house (it was just beside my grandmother’s house). I went to our balcony to see if he is telling the truth, after a while a saw three boys passed by and I saw a boy wearing blue green shirt. That was the color of the shirt Josh is wearing that time. Then after I saw them I went inside. I heard someone was looking for me, so I went down stairs and went outside to see who’s looking for me. It’s too dark there (in corner of the street), but even though it’s dark there I saw a guy wearing a blue green shirt with two other guy. I knew it was them (it was HIM). The moment I came closer I have this strange feeling. I don’t have a clue what is going on and why they were looking for me. When I was there the two other guys told Josh to tell me what he is going to tell, and then they give us some privacy to talk. The moment the two stay away from us, then Josh started to confess. He asked me if he can court me. I just answered him, “it’s up to you.” We both smiled. Then after that they went away and I went back to our house. The next morning I told my friends what just happened last night. I can’t even imagine it happened (am I just dreaming?). They were all happy for me, because at last I would be happy.

When he started courting me, whenever I’m with him I feel secured and I feel that it’s just only the two of us. He accompanies me to my house. He’s even waiting for me when my class was not yet dismissed. And can you imagine that he legally courts me.

But my nightmare came, it was January 29, 2010 my worst evening. He told me that he will stop courting me. You know what’s his reason? His reason was I will never be his girl because I won’t allow him. I don’t know why he thought of that, I allow him to court me but what happened? He left me. He stopped courting me because his friend told him to do so. I cried all night, and then the next morning my classmate at the same time Josh’s cousin Angelique talked to me about his cousin. I told her what happened last night and she told me that his cousin was just kidding. That the text message he sent has “joke” at the end of the message. Well last night I read it many times but there’s no “joke” in that message.

After couple of weeks, our Juniors Debut came. At the end of the night he asked me to dance with him, while we are dancing we talked about what happened and he apologize for what has happened. I accept his apology. We still became friends. But I still love him. I’m such an oaf.

I think that was enough. I have to move on and go on with my life. I have to enjoy my life. Don’t rush love it will come in the right place and at the right time. All you can do is just wait.---- “Sometimes love blossoms at the most unexpected time…”

hindi rin talaga natin masasabi kung kelan darating at kung paano..lalo na kung sino man yun..ang mahalaga maging masaya tayo sa mga bagay na ginawan natin ng desisyon..

we still became friends 'till now.. i don't regret anything..i'm happy that we don't have that bitterness in our hearts..

but honestly, naging bitter ako sakanya noon..pero hindi ko talaga kaya maging bitter noon..dahil mahal ko parin siya noon.. (grabe tagal ahh..)

hmmm..ito po ang first kong gawa..sana po nagustuhan niyo.. :) ♥♥♥