Age 7

Rosie sat with her legs crossed on Sherlock's sofa at 221B Baker Street, playing Pacman on her Dad's laptop whilst he went out to buy some food. 

Sherlock was sitting in his armchair silently, thinking about something. He let out the occasional mutter but apart from that, everything was silent.

"Sherly" Rosie spoke up.

Sherlock snapped out of his trance and looked at the girl. "Hmm?"

"Whats that?" she pointed to the wooden instrument leaning against the window.

"Haven't you ever seen a violin before?" 

"Nope" 

"It's a musical instrument...wanna hear it?"

Rosie smiled and nodded, and Sherlock got to his feet. He picked up the violin and played the same song for Rosamund as he played for Eurus, his sister, whenever he went to visit her. Rosie loved it. She smiled brightly clapped when the detective was finished.

Sherlock grinned and did a mock bow before sitting back down in his chair.

"That was beautiful" Rosie beamed.

"Thank you"

"Can you teach me?" 

Sherlock contemplated this for a second before shrugging.

"I guess your Dad would prefer me to teach you how to play a violin than take you out to solve crimes..."

Rosie frowned and stuck out her bottom lip. "Aw can't we go out and solve a crime though? Please Sherly? Just a little one?"

"Maybe tomorrow"

"You said that yesterday!"