Age 16

"Prom?" Sherlock raised an eyebrow. "Doesn't that only exist in America?"

Rosie rolled her eyes. For a genius, Sherlock Holmes could be extraordinarily stupid. 

"Nope, it exists in the UK too"

"Right."

"So..." Rosie looked at Sherlock with her cutest facial expression.

"What? What do you want?" The detective was unimpressed.

"I need a dress"

"A dress? What for?"

"Prom! I thought we already got past this bit!"

Sherlock looked confused for a second. "Yeah, but why do you need a dress?"

"I just do"

"But why?"

"I just do!"

"And what do you want me to do? I don't have any dresses tucked away in my wardrobe i'm afraid"

Rosie chuckled. "I want you to come shopping with me"

Sherlock went pale. "Shopping"

Rosie stuck out her bottom lip. "Please?"

"No"

"Pretty please?"

"No"

Rosie put her face in her hands and made a sulky face. She glared at Sherlock with angry eyes. 

Sherlock took the opportunity to get back to what he was doing before he was disturbed, but he couldn't concentrate, because all he could feel was a pair of beady 16 year old eyes boring a hole in the back of his head. Sherlock groaned and spun around to face Rosie.

"Fine. I'll come shopping with you, for all the good it will do"