To The Next Person Who Attempts To Love Me

I just want to start off by saying you are one brave bastard to try and love the fucked up mess that is me. But I also want to warn you of it.

When I was about fourteen or fifteen years old I was diagnosed with anxiety and depression. I might have told you that already and the fact that I'm on medication for it all but what I didn't tell you and I'm showing you this because I trust in you enough for you to know that even though I do take meds, I still feel depressed... a lot. And my anxiety, while it may be toned down, it's still there in my mind. It's like it's on a hamster wheel, constantly turning and turning.

To make me feel better at these times where I'm quiet and not talking more than I usually do, just sit beside be and comfort me in silence, let me get through my thoughts on my own, but with your presence near. I will also warn you that I might push you away, tell you to leave, don't leave. Just give me some space, I don't really want you to leave, it's my depressive mind talking, telling me to do these things so please don't listen to me when I say that. And because of my anxiety I'd like you to text me whenever you can so I know that you are safe and well.

And I promise you, no matter what, that I'll always love you and your beautiful face that makes me smile everyday.