Missing an Old Friend

May 16th was the toughest day for all the Muppets who were fathered and taken care of by Jim Henson and his family. Ever since his death in May of 1990, Kermit and the rest of Jim's sons were cared for by Jane Henson and the 6 children of Jim before Jane passing away later on as years flew by. Brian, Lisa, Heather, and the other kids still keep in contact with their father's sons just to check on them on how they're doing with coping the loss of Jim.
To the Electric Mayhem, it's hard for them to cope, especially for Dr.Teeth. He had been close to Jim for a long time. Dr.Teeth knew Jim more than the rest of the band did. When Dr.Teeth heard about Jim's death, him and the Electric Mayhem were home going over a list of songs for their next gig. As soon as the news were heard, Dr.Teeth was shaken up; he went to his room alone and tried to fight back tears. He began looking through old pictures of him and Jim; after looking through them for about 5 minutes, he sobbed quietly. He was lucky the band heard him. They all circled around Dr.Teeth to hug and comfort him.

Now, almost after 26 years since Jim's death, Dr.Teeth just wanted to be alone all day. All he could think about was Jim. This explained that Dr.Teeth clearly didn't move on and let go from Jim. This concerned his beautiful girlfriend, Kylie, and decided to have a band meeting about it with the rest of the group, without Dr.Teeth, who was down in the basement playing the blues on his old piano.

"I thought Teeth would be over Jim right about now?" Kylie asked her mother and father.

Floyd just sighed. "Well he almost tried to let him go, but he just couldn't do it!"

"Like, Jim was like a father to Teeth." Janice added, "He never rully had a father in his life and he would usually turn to Jim for fatherly advice."  The rest of the band nodded in agreement.

Kylie sighed. "Well he's gotta get over him somehow...it's been a long time since he passed away."

"Well we did try 'n cheer him up a couple days after Jim died." Lips said, placing a hand on Delores's lap, "We took him to the cheesecake factory out in San Fran."

"Did it work?" Kylie asked. 

Lips shook his head. "Mm-mm. Only got him excited for about 10 minutes then was quiet later on."

"Other than that," Zoot said, "We got nothing. We just stuck with the original schedule of him bein' sad about it for about a week and then he's back to his happy self." 

"Doesn't he know Jim's in a better place?" Kylie asked.

"Of course he does, honey." Janice said, wrapping an arm around Kylie's shoulders, "But what else could've we done? The least we could do is like, just be there for him in case he needs us; and we are!" 

"Mama's right." Floyd said, "Honestly, I don't know how to help him get over Jim."

"I just want Teeth happy..." Kylie said softly, "I'm just worried about him. I haven't been this worried since that time Floyd had to get his appendix out."

"Darlin' that didn't just scare you. It scared all of us," Floyd said, now reaching out to take Kylie's hand, "But we hear ya. We hate seeing Teeth upset too. Don't worry we'll think of something."

While the band discussed what to do about Dr.Teeth, Leah was standing quietly behind the railing of the stairs that lead up to the Electric Mayhem bedrooms. Hearing about Dr.Teeth upset about losing Jim made Leah's heart melt and feel sorry for him. Leah knew she had to do something, Dr.Teeth was her brother and best friend! She didn't want Dr.Teeth to be upset, especially on a beautiful day. She wants Dr.Teeth to realize Jim is fine where he is now and not to worry about him.
Suddenly, an idea popped into Leah's head. She ran upstairs to the bedroom she shares with Zoot and got out some colored pencils that Kylie got her for Christmas.