Chapter 2

// Arlo Vance <3. When I picture Arlo I see her as the beautiful Zoey Deutch ;P\\

-------------------------

I bust through the door of my house and throw my backpack on the couch. The tv was on and a women with bleach blonde hair and big boobs distracted my dad with "breaking news", I kick my shoes off and find a place next to him, crossing my arms under my chest as I let out a big sigh hoping to grab his attention. After a few more unsuccessful attempts, I stand up and stomp dramatically to the laundry room where I find my mom shoving wet clothes into the dryer. She looks up at me with a big smile, and I return it.

"How was your first day back?"

I take a step inside the laundry room and grab a few clothes from a basket and begin to fold them, I didn't realize my hands were cold until my fingers hit the warm fabric.

"It was ok" I admitted

The day replayed in my head. After Jace told me about Grayson I went to the girls bathroom to think, I paced back and forth until I heard the bell ring signifying 2nd period started, that knocked me out of my haze and I found myself sprinting to AP Bio. Running into class late trying to catch my breath was so embarrassing so I promised to not let The thought of Grayson distract me any longer. At lunch Jace asked how I was feeling and told Mel and Danny what happened in the library, I assured them that I was fine and was just a little shocked at first. I could tell Danny didn't believe me but I had Mel and Jace hooked, which is great in my book. Danny stopped me after lunch while I was on my way to actually check out my physic book, she asked if I was really ok and if I need a girl intervention, I simply told her to piss off and that I didn't give two shits if he came back. I obviously lied but she seemed to buy it and walked with me to the library. After my last class of the day which was Trigonometry I drove home listening to a bunch of up beat songs trying to not let my thoughts cloud my mind.

"Do you like your classes?"

I shakes my head when I realize I'm staring into space

"Um ya, I guess"

I stop folding and look up at my mom, when she realizes me staring at her she closes the dryer door and looks back at me

"What it is?"

I could tell she knew I was upset, mothers always knows is what she always tells me.I knew I could tell her about Grayson because my mom and I are close but it still took a few minutes to actually get it out.

"Um . . ." I cleared my throat and looked down at the basket as I start to fold yet another shirt

"Grayson Monroe. There's a rumor he's finishing up his last year here"

I didn't want to look up to meet her eyes because mine began to water for the first time after finding out he's returning

"Oh honey.." she pauses to take the shirt I tried folding a million times and folds it with ease and perfection the first try.

"Mom.. I don't know what to do, what to think!"

I finally get the courage to look up at her and I see her nodding her head with understanding

"Why don't you offer to show him around"

I furrowed my brows

"Why would I do that?"

"He most likely doesn't have many friends, you are probably the only one he knows, besides Mel, Danny, and Jace "

I bite my lip and nod my head. Jace, Danny, Mel, Grayson, and I go way back. We've been friends since the 4th grade. And because of our long friendship mom didn't mind Grayson and Jace spending the night with us girls. We would have a sleep over almost every weekend and even some week days. But that all stopped freshman year when Grayson and I started our relationship. A lot of things changed that year and when Grayson left Mel, Danny, Jace and I grew closer than we've ever been, I guess we have him to thank for that. When all the clothes are folded I hug my mom and walk out with both mine and my little sisters clean clothes. I walk next door to her room and give a light pat on the door