Chapter |9|

I grinned, not able to resist his infectious smile.

Of course she is, if she has a brother like Lucas.
Although he looks cute and innocent, he is a devil a disguise.
That pranks of his always are nasty, and Kitty is always his victim.
I did not even want to know, what had happened.

I just smiled at him, ruffled his hair and walked in knowing that Kitty could not come outside.

I properly secured the main door, then continued down the hallway.
The chipped brown wallpaper came into my view as I followed Lucas and reached the living room.

Here is , where the beauty starts. Even though Kathy's home looks like a shack from outside, its one of the prettiest home I have seem.
As they say never judge a book by its cover.
The living room had a red carpet which had a soft look. The rug was like a baby's butt. Soft and smooth. Its not enormously big but the soft feminine touched of her mother had made everything pretty and cozy.

Everything I missed having at my house.
My mom although was sweet, stopped making our house a home after dad left.
Even though she never blamed me, I knew his absence was because of me. But I never knew the reason.
I turned around to find Aunt Lina humming away, as she made dinner.
Like always, I went and hugged her from behind.
"Hey, Aunt Lina!" I said.

"Oh dearie, you came to visit after a long time." She turned around and hugged me back.
"Kathy misses you a lot. Now, where is that girl?" She exclaimed, before shouting Kathy to come down.
"Its okay, I will just go upstairs."
On the stairs I was greeted by Lucas and his twin sister Belle. She was a cute little thing absolutely just like her brother.
They were giggling like hyenas.
I raised my eyebrows at them, which caused them to burst into fits of laughter.
I hurried towards Kathy's room, and barged in.
All my eyes saw was a huge chicken, her hands on her hips glaring at the mirror.
My booming laughter could be heard from downstairs.

_______________________________________

"After I graduate highschool, I will move and never come back to meet these devils." Kathy was fuming at dinner, as she stuffed mashed potatoes into her mouth.

Kathy or Catherine Klaus, my best friend from the diaper days was a hot head. She could not tolerate her siblings much to my amusement.

"And you !" She pointed her fork at me. "We need to talk. Oh yes. We do."
Her grin was frighteningly.

All I was missing was some background scary evil music.

"Hush Kathy, poor Lydia has come after a long time. You will not terrorise her." Lina said with a final tone.

"Terrorise? " Kathy's fork dropped with a a clang.
Ooh drama!
"I was the one who was made into a flapping chicken by them–" pointing towards the twins, "–and she was laughing her ass off."

"Kathy language" Lina scolded her.

"I am being underestimated" She sat with a huff.

I subsided my laugh and hugged her sideways.

"Awe, I will always love you." I moved to ruffle her hair but was met with a icy glare.
"Not the hair."

After dinner, I went back with Kathy to her room. I jumped on her bed, while she stood in the middle of her room.

"Now since all that is over, where the heck were you for the past four days?"

Shit just hit the fan.

___________________