Chapter 5

Chapter 5

About 2 years later...

"Kyoko-senpai, I like you. Please go out on a date with me." Kyoko looked at her nervous kohai.

"Sorry, but I can't." Kyoko declined. "You see, there's this person I like and..." Kyoko smiled at him. “I'm still waiting for him.”

after the rejection...

"Hey Kyoko.” Hana, Kyoko's best friend, approached her as she went down the stairs.

“Didn’t that popular guy, Takeuchi, just confess to you?"

"Yeah, but I rejected him." Kyoko answered straightly.

"Tell me, are you still waiting for Sawada?" Hana asked as she raised an eyebrow.

"Yes, I am." Kyoko replied with a smile lighting up her face.

Hana was about to give her a very long lecture entitled: ‘The Necessity of an Immediate Stop to Waiting for a No Good-Idiot who Confessed to her, then Said Goodbye the Next Second’ when a sudden yell was heard through the hallway.

"Kyoko-chaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!" It was Miura Haru, another friend of Kyoko whom she met because of Tsuna and the others. She transferred to Kyoko’s school after finding out that even Chrome studied there.

"Haru-chan, what’s wrong?" Kyoko asked.

" Takeuchi just confessed to you right?" Haru grabbed Kyoko's shoulder.

"Umm yeah..." Kyoko answered.

“Well...” Haru, who was just a few centimeters away from her face, asked. “What happened?”

"I rejected him." Kyoko said bluntly.

"Hahi, Why?!" Haru asked.

"’Cause I'm still waiting for Tsu-kun."  Kyoko smiled. She touched her chest where the ring Tsuna gave her was hanging.

Haru knew just how Kyoko felt. She felt the same way when Gokudera-san confessed to her just a few hours before leaving for Italy. But unlike her, Kyoko had a large amount of suitors, and most of them were deserving. Seeing how much Kyoko has grown, from her long hair to her shapely legs, she can’t help but realize how long it has been since Tsuna and the others had left. She felt that Kyoko should at least try to move on.

As if on cue, an infant-sounding voice suddenly interrupted their conversation.

"Ciaossu, Kyoko! Haru!" Reborn suddenly appeared out of nowhere as he does in the olden times.

 "Reborn-kun!" Kyoko and Haru called out in unison.

"Wanna have a little vacation?" Reborn asked as if he was not gone for over two years.

"Where?" They wondered.

"To Italy." Reborn answered.

"Italy?" Kyoko repeated.

"Yeah, isn’t your vacation tomorrow?" Reborn asked.

"Yeah." They both replied.

"Great, I made arrangements for the two of you, including Yamamoto and Ryohei to Italy by tomorrow." Reborn announced.

"Eh? Really?" Kyoko asked. She could not believe what she just heard.

"You mean we can see Gokudera-san and Tsuna-san?" Haru asked with sparkling eyes.

“Yeah.” Reborn answered.

 "Alright!" They cheered.

"Hey Kurokawa, wanna come?" Reborn asked.

"Nah, I have something to do this summer." Hana declined.

"Okay, suit yourself." Reborn walked away.

"Hey Haru-chan, I'm going somewhere for awhile. You won't mind, would you?" Kyoko asked.

"Sure Kyoko-chan!" Haru said, as she put both her thumbs up.

She walked towards the school’s rooftop. She looked around to see if Hibari was lying down on the floor like he usually does. (And yes, he spent another two years in Namimori.) When she verified that he wasn't there, she closed the door behind her. She stood at the center and looked at the wide blue sky above her.

'Tsu-kun, I wish I can see you again now that I'm going to Italy. I still haven't told you my feelings yet.'

She took off her necklace which held the ring that Tsuna gave her and looked at it. She always put it on a chain and wore it as a necklace as she feared loosing it. She still remembers how Tsuna smiled at her the day he gave it to her. The bright smile which turned into tears as he bid his sad farewell. She smiled warmly and held it close to her chest.

She spouted the boy's name, "Tsu-kun."

Chapter End