Chapter 9: Pebbles and Windows

Dylan's POV

A loud thud could suddenly be made out over the music blaring from my laptop. "The heck," I say to myself, quickly rushing over to my laptop to turn down the music. There goes that thud again.

My eyes scanned my bedroom, every nook and cranny left checked. By the time my eyes past my window, I noticed something off. The sight of a miniature-sized pebble bouncing above the window and then quickly making its way downward. "Chris..." I groan, running over to the window, and lifting it. Letting the cold air of the night spill into my room. "Sometimes I wonder how you even made it on the football team," I whisper loudly, in a joking manner. "My parents aren't home and I don't want the neighbors telling them there was some stranger throwing pebbles at my window."

"Oh, so you don't want this?" He reaches his left hand into his jeans pocket and pulls out a tiny silver key. "Of course I want it."

"Catch kid!" He shouts, tossing the key into the air, sending it flying in my direction. I barely caught it as it had slipped out of my hand just one second before I snatched it back up. I squeeze the tiny key tightly into my palm. "And I thought I told you to not throw stuff at my window! You could've just knocked on my front door. My mom isn't home." i place the key onto desk to my left, and stuck my head back outside the window to continue our long distance convo. "What's the fun in that? plus you weren't answering." Chris crosses his arms and chuckles loudly from which I could hear from above. "You can leave now." I smile and place my hand on my window preparing to send it shoving downward.

"Wait!"

I suddenly froze and then re opened it.

"What?"

"You got some beer?"

"What kind of question-"

"Come on I haven't had enough to drink tonight and think of it as an opportunity to ask me more questions."

"No go away. I'm tired and I have a test to study for."

"Is that why you were dancing around in your underwear a moment ago?"

"That's what I thought kid."