The hatching

(A/N)
This will probably won't get any reads but oh whale 🐋🐋
But ion know how this sciency stuff works but I will try my best. And there might be grammar so don't be an ass about it if you spot some mishaps, k?
Might be a slight Owen x Reader in later chapters. Let's just see how this works out...
And sorry for the shitty chapter title 😅
I case some of you didn't know...
Heres the key words...

(Y/N) = Your Name
(L/N) = Last Name
(H/C) = Hair Color

And there's more... but for now, start reading and enjoy yourselves.
______________________________________

(Reader POV)

"They should hatch in about an hour." Said the redhead, Claire. Walking in, with head held high and all that.

I looked towards the unhatched eggs in the middle of the white room. Then to the screen. Working on another dinosaur. Then I spun around in the spinny chair to look at the tall, pale woman. "Still not telling us what the dinosuars are, Miss-Know-It-All?"

Claire gave me a sharp look. A bitchy resting face on her features that I gladly returned. I knew she didn't like that name but she kept it under wraps. Keeping her calm and collected posture in check. "That's classified intel, Miss (L/S)."

"When things hatch here, we must know about them." I pressed on, not letting this thing drop so easily. "This includes these things." And gestured to the unhatched eggs resting in the tube.

"I don't like repeating myself." She set her firm voice in a demanding way. Her eyes hard, orbs staring seriously at me.
But I wasn't one bit intimidated by the redhead.
Which I believe infuriated her. I seemed to be the only one not when she was like this.

"You may put us all in danger when they're older." I said, sitting straighter, my posture threatning to stand up to her.

"There's a "may" in that sentence." She countered.

"So there is something dangerous in those eggs?"

She let out a small exasperated sigh, clearly annoyed. "Like I said, that's classified."

"Thought you didn't like repeating yourself." I reminded, sending a tiny smirk her way.

She looked like she was about to say something but she closed her mouth. Then took a small breath the way she would do before having to reminding herself of people's names.
She turned to walk out the door. And stopped by the doorway. Not looking at me, before leaving and she said. "Goodbye, (L/N)."

Mocking her words and face a bit, I turned around in the spinny chair and resumed back on the advanced computer.
Then a Candy Crush notification popped up. Quickly glancing behind me, I saw busy doctors doing their thing outside of the glass window from the room I was in.
They're too busy to notice. They won't do anything, Claire is the type to do so, but I hoped she would try to make me stop.
Then I clicked on it, the page taking me to the game.

~~

"Take that!" I quietly cheered myself, matching up the colorful candies up.
Despite the enjoyment, I felt somebody's weight of a stare on me.
I tried to shrug it off, but it kept bugging me.
With a groan, I reluctantly turned around to find the source that was rudely interrupting me.

At first, I didn't see nothing. Beyond the glass window room was busy labcoats walking around. Nobody was in the room beside me at the moment. Then I saw what the weight of the stare that was bothering me. It was in the hatchling container. The first thing that grabbed my attention was the a single reptilian orangish/reddish eye through the cracks in the egg.
The emotion, if they even felt emotions in that eye was somewhat affectionate.
The hybrid dinosaur was just staring at me for a long moment before breaking out from the inside out.