Chapter seven

"Mississippi!"

On that word, she froze right in her spot, just feet away in front of me. Jaws wide and all, looking terrifying with blood from her fresh chicken kill...
She almost looked terrifying.

'Poor chicken.' I thought somberly but proceeded my actions and in control act.

A moment that seemed to go on forever passed, her already ragged sharp teeth at only 11 months old, though I wasn't intimidated one bit by her.
The squeals of the terrified pig ran past me.
She was chasing a pig, her height increased drastically. Once below my waist to almost my chest.
I watched her eyes become that was once less sharper, focus on my gaze.

"Good, good." I praised and grabbed the nasty, dead rat from my belt and tossed her the rodent where she snapped it in her jaws.

The sound of her jaws snapping nearly sent just a thought of Wu's words "she'll bite". That one of these days, she'll clomb me up. She would grow more agressive as she ages.
Wu warned me multiple times to stop hand feeding her and start using bridges over her isolated small place instead of having direct contact. That she'll get more aggressive and snatch one of my limbs off.

But those were their words and everyday, she showed me that I had no reason to fear her, despite that small electric feeling. She let out a small sound. Like a cat purring as she lowered herself to the ground and looked up to me.

(A/N, Lol pretend shes small in this pic cuz she looks like she actually looks like a smol dino

(A/N, Lol pretend shes small in this pic cuz she looks like she actually looks like a smol dino. Well to me )

Then she started nuzzling into my side. Chuckling softly, I leaned down to her height and started running my hands along her head. She let out a warm, long breath through her nose as she pressed her head up into my hands and closed her eyes in content.

The future excited me. I often wondered how she would react to the crowds of people that would come see her when she's old enough. Would she attempt to attack? Or shy away from all the humans? Either way, I would be there. At least that's what I told myself. She'll be great. I felt like a kid when I imagined showing her off. Maybe I could put a saddle on her when she gets big enough. The many possibilites of the future.

"You and me, girl. no matter what." I promised her as I softly scratched under her chin after she opened her eyes, revealing them beautiful eyes. Them almost volcanic colored eyes.
I never really felt a connection quite like this one before. I couldn't imagine my life without her being there nearly shredding half my shirts.

"(Y/N)." A static voice came through at my hip, ruining the moment. Calli huffed, sounding exasperated.

Annoyed slightly, I had to pull away and answer the walkie talkie. "Yes, Claire?"

"I want you to go put your animal in that lock up. The vets are coming to put a tracker in her."

Animal. She wasn't just an animal, I wanted to argue but thought against it. I winced a bit at the thought of Calli getting micro chipped. It had to be a little bit painful. "A tracker. I'll get to it."