14 | kingsport, tennessee.

Shyira watched the other as she drove, sipping on her milkshake.

Time seemed to be moving slower, leaving both of them sure the other was too tired after the lake to make conversation. That was, until Temperance turned towards the other and spoke suddenly.

"I know what happened to you with that guy." she blurted out, face reddening.

Shyira, who had been almost asleep by that time, had bolted awake, her eyes wide. She wasn't sure how the redhead had found out, and it wasn't that she was mad about her finding out, but she hated feeling weak in front of Temperance, who seemed invincible.

"I- I'm sorry," Temperance continued, "You were talking in your sleep back at the hotel. Something about a guy named Eric? And- a belt?"

Shyira blinked rapidly, in an effort not to cry, but couldn't stop the tears from cascading down her face. She wiped her eyes in vain, soaking her sleeves with salty moisture.

"Shit- that was a bad idea." Temperance said, pulling over to the side of the road to comfort Shyira.

"Hey.." she said to the shorter girl, who was hiccuping loudly. "It's okay to cry."

As Shyira continued to cry, Temperance awkwardly placed one hand on the girl's shoulder, and wiped away her tears. It was obvious to the shorter female that Temperance wasn't good in situations involving people who were distressed.

Watching the redhead attempt to calm her down made her giggle, and before long they were both laughing and hugging.

After both of them slowly calmed down, they smiled, and for the first time, Shyira felt a little happy.