A Unique Fight

Percy jumped up from his chair and faced the wave pool. On top of the giant mural of his father stood the sphinx. It growled and paced back and forth, staring down at them expectantly. The people in the wave pool mooed and awed at it like it was a show. From the buildings on the other side, the chimera chirped, hissed, and growled at the sphinx. The crowd caught on to it as well as the two sized up against each other. 

"Get in somewhere safe" Percy ordered, pushing the girl behind him. She scoffed and walked up next to Annabeth. 

"Not a chance" She chuckled. "My friends and I have a code for this" 

She smirked at the confused faces on both their faces as she ran off into the gathering crowd. Several more life guards followed and a long, shrill whistle sounded as the wave pool was cleared. 

"Ladies and gentlemen!" The girl said, stepping onto a table. "Please relax and sit back as the Mount Olympus Water Park presents to you a show of the ages!" she looked over at Annabeth and nodded. "Two ancient beasts, one battle! Who will be the victor? Voting begins now! On the TV's scattered around the park are codes to enter to cheer on your favorite beast! First to find them is entered in the grand prize!" 

Percy watched in surprise as the crowds departed, everyone looking down at their phones as they went. It was surprising, to say the least. 

"How did-" Percy started. Annabeth grabbed his arm as she rolled her eyes and started to drag him through the dispersing crowd. 

"No time. We've got to find the others and then Apollo" Annabeth replied. "and hopefully we can get out of here alive" she muttered. 

They raced their way through the crowd, grabbing the others along the way. Piper sat eating a gyro with Jason as Leo fiddled with a coin machine next to them. Crystal was no where to be seen, and neither was Hazel. 

"Come on" Percy said as they passed "Where are the others?" He stopped and looked at the others. 

"Nah, it's just a show" Leo said, as a waterfall of flattened pennies poured out of the machine. "Didn't you hear what that girl was saying?" He asked. 

"It's not a show" Annabeth replied, pointing at the Chimera which had jumped down into the crowd. It pushed it's way toward the water, its six eyes trained on the sphinx who had stopped pacing and was scanning the crowd. 

It stopped and stared at one spot in the crowd. Slowly it grinned and jumped down into the water. A giant wave raced toward the people standing on the side and an excited scream rose from them as they were drenched. 

"I see you" it said, wading towards them. 

The chimera howled and paced forward more, gaining the attention of it again. Overhead, a peal of thunder sounded and the sun was completely blocked out. Many more whistles sounded across the park, and a groan went up through the crowds. 

All Annabeth could think how perfectly timed that was for once. 

-----

Steve stared across the cool, steel table at the man who had brought them in. Something really did not feel right and from the look on Notch's colorless face, his feelings were right. 

"I can explain why-" Notch had started, but the man shook his head, cutting him off. 

"We know why" He replied, smiling. "you don't need to explain your niece to me yet again. I'm only here to help you get her back" He folded his hands across the table. 

Steve blinked surprised. "You are?" He cut in, ignoring the look Notch shot him. 

The man nodded, keeping the same smile on his face though it seemed strained. 

"Of course" The man nodded. "I would personally like to help get her back without incident to- wherever it is you're trying to get back to" 

"Sweden" Notch replied coldly. "We have to get her to Sweden. Still think you can help us?" 

The man smirked. "Of course. I keep in touch with some- friends. On that side of the world" He replied. Steve noticed his eyes seemed to burn with a fire hidden behind his irises. It was, to say the least, off putting. 

"I say we let him help us then" Herobrine said, the first words he had said since they had been there. He smirked at the man, though his arms were crossed over his chest as if judging him still. "I'd like to know who we're dealing with though, just so we can stay on the same page" 

"Call me Hermes " The man smiled. "I don't think we need to talk much further on this, as I know each of you"

Steve nodded quietly. It didn't surprise him, it seemed everyone in this world knew them after all. He looked over at Notch who sat frozen in the chair directly across from Hermes. 

"what's the catch?" He said finally. Notch crossed his arms over his chest and stared. 

"Oh, nothing much" Hermes said "I don't see why you all worry so much about a catch. It helps the both of us really"

"Get to the point" Notch said. 

"I want to extend my delivery services to your universe" He finished. Notch stared at him blankly.

---------

A/N wow it's been a while since I updated this. I have to say, I'm sorry about that. This book is actually really fun to write so I think I will be working on this one more. 

I don't have much more to say though, so. 

SEE YA FOXES!