13.)

T.C.

"You've been acting weird lately." His strict gaze met my lazy one. He examined my face as if it had the answer. I could see his very slight stubble and nose piercing. Dreamy..

"I dunno what you mean.." I stared out the window after giving him a goofy lopsided smile, a bit nervous when I was around him now. He snorted and faced Mike in the driver seat again. I was supposed to be the comedic relief but the van ride was dead silent. I watched the various drivers on the road and checked out the cars. A few of the glares almost blinded me. 

I couldn't get my mind off that dream. The way he smiled. The way his eyeliner smudged. The way his tattooes were. Did he even have those? It made me wonder about what I thought of him. And what actually went on the night before this. The beautifully sculpted face I once saw during slumber was now becoming distorted in my head. 

I could hear those two whispering in the front then laughing and I raised an eyebrow, suddenly intrigued. Often I felt left out because they were such good friends. Jealous even. But I knew they needed me in the band, it just wasn't Green Day without one of us. 

We pulled into a gravel road. There was a long white building with many windows and doors. The sign was glowing red and said "otel." I hadn't realized it was getting dark out. Exhausted from constantly beating on the drums with all aggression and wearing strange outfits, I longed for a nice comfortable bed and not the couch for once. I prayed. 

I looked at my hand as I used it to balance and exit the car. Probably the most blisters I've ever seen from all the gigs. Billie unlocked the door to the motel and lied down on the floor. Within seconds he was out. Mike got some water and tried to get a signal on the television. They acted with no words and they acted as if it was their home. When did we even get the money for a room?

I walked around the small space and saw the door to the bedroom. I snuck back there and crawled into the bed, wincing as I stubbed my toe on the dresser. It smelled like bleach and cigarettes. After the pain died down I fell asleep instantly, hoping to get another dream like I did the night before..

I jumped awake and looked around the room. The moon provided the light I needed to see Billie standing at the foot of my bed. "Um.. so basically i'm cold. I know it's a bit awkward but could you move over?" He said, completely tired and frustrated with his insomia. I knew that he had this and let him join me in this strange bed. I felt warm inside and I looked over to see him smile at me as if to thank me. I turned to the other side but I could still feel him there. It was an odd feeling after sleeping alone for your entire life. 

When I woke up in the middle of the night he was not in his bed. I saw the light of the crack under the door to the bathroom. I listened. It sounded like sobbing.. Curious, I got up in a haze and knocked on the door. He didn't reply, knowing I could now hear the calls of dispair. I opened the door anyways and saw him on the floor with his knees to his chest. "Billie? Is everything alright?" I said stupidly. He looked to the ground and aggressively wiped his tears away. 

"This tour thing is... it's getting to me. I'm tired, Tre. What happens after we run out of fuel?" He spoke honestly which surprised me. I joined him on the floor and wrapped an arm around him suddenly to comfort him. Gladly he accepted the gesture and put his head on my chest. 

"We've still got so much left to do, come on, isn't music your dream? Your everlasting passion?" I assured him while rubbing his back much like he had done to me earlier. 

"Yes yeah of course. But how can I move on when.." He stopped and moved away from me slightly. He was now leaning with his back against the wall. "Adrienne called me after you slept.. She says that she wants us to be closer. But how in the hell can I do that with all these gigs?" I felt a knot in the pit of my stomach at the mention of that woman. He seemed to love her so much and would even die for her. Why does she get to be so lucky to have a man like him? I shook the thoughts for my friend. 

"Everything will happen naturally, trust me. Just give this music thing a try and finish the tour with us. Your friends. She isn't going anywhere." I hated to have to say that but it was really true. She had gotten attached to him and she fueled his lyrics. 

"Now come sleep." I added, offering my hand. He smiled smally at me and we both drifted off again.