Chapter 6: Postponing Magcon?

*Sophie's POV*

"Oh, we are so going to get them back." Taylor growls angrily as he pulls silly string out of his hair. Everyone was either picking up the bits of string that were all over the room, or they were picking bits of string off of themselves.

"I have sticky string in places I thought sticky string would never be." Jack Johnson winces, making me wrinkle my nose.

"Ew, TMI."

"Hey, you okay?" Cameron asks me in a low voice. During the ambush, I tripped, and everyone ran over me. I smile at him.

"Yeah, my head just hurts a lot."

"What?" Cameron's face scrunches up in confusion.

"I said my head hurts a lot. Geez, can you hear?" I ask him. Why's he acting so weird?

"Stop talking jibberish, Sophie, I can't understand you." He tells me.

"I said I'm fine!" I yell. He flinches.

"Aaron, come here." He calls Aaron over.

"Yeah?" Aaron asks.

"Can you understand what she's saying?" Cameron asks him. I try to speak again.

"Look, I don't know what you guy are talking about."

"No..." Aaron trails before him and Cam share a look.

By now my head is throbbing, and everyone's voices sound weird. There's this annoying ringing in my ears that makes them hurt. Cameron and Aaron look really blurry. I ball my hands up into fists and start rubbing my eyes. Cameron grabs a hold of my fists and takes them down.

"Soph, follow my finger with just your eyes." There's another person here, Jack, that's his name, Jack Gilinsky. He holds up a finger and moves it back and forth. I try to follow along with my eyes, but he's moving it so fast that I can't keep up with it. It's making me get dizzier, too. I stumble backwards, and Cameron grabs me before I fall into the wall.

"Okay, I think you need to lay down, why don't you just lay on my bed here..." He trails off, guiding me to the bed. "And get some rest."

A lot more people are gathered around now. I see Grace, Bella, and Vic.

"W-What's going on?"

"Can you hear a word she's saying?" He asks. "Um, okay, Soph, don't worry, just sit here and, uh, take a nap!" Cameron tells me. He turns and starts whispering rapidly to the other people. I look at Bella and Grace pleadingly. What is going on? And why are they so damn blurry?

*Cameron's POV*

"She definitely got a bad concussion, we need to get Bart." Jack G tells me.

"You're right. You and Jack J go get him, we'll stay here."

With that instruction, the Jacks leave the room. Sophia continues to mutter jibberish.

"So why damn blurry?" She mutters. "Wrong me with someone?"

"Don't talk Sophie, just take a nap." I tell her. This is not good. Sophie nods slowly and closes her eyes.

Well, at least she can understand us still.

"Go get Maddy and Matt." I tell Bella, who nods and exits.

"Is she going to be okay?" I hear Victoria ask Nash quietly.

"Yeah, it's just a concussion, people get those all the time." He responds.

"You hear that, Soph? People get concussions all the time, you'll be fine." Shawn says reassuringly to Sophie, smiling. I think she's already asleep, though.