Preston Garvey X SS

Waking up to "total nuclear annihilation" ..Fuck those quotation marks, quite literally I left the vault after watching my wife get murdered, and then found out everything was destroyed. Not the best thing that's happened lately, still better than how the last couple pitches went in that Jay's game though, which I guess would be about two hundred years ago, assuming I trust the robot butler who gave me the advice to go to concord. For whatever reason, I trusted this robot, and I began the journey to the remains of what was once the local town. As I walked the cracked pavement I shifted over to the grass once I saw the local Red Rocket Truck Stop. Seeing something move I waited to be greater by a dog, seemed healthy and like it needed to get help, following the dog I went down into the main area of concord to find a gunfight between what looked like a cowboy or something and a bunch of -mostly masked- bandits. After firing off the pistol that I still was rusty with, I took down the bandits and finally heard the man on the railing speak. "We've got people in here, the door won't hold much longer. What are you waiting for? Grab that musket and come help us fight!" Beside the door laid another man, dead, but in the same weird getup as the man on the railing. I snagged the laser musket as well as the few cells on the ground around and ran into the museum. Not much to explain here, but there was a lot of bullets, one I took to the shoulder, I found the people. The man from the railing, Preston as I got to know him, asked me to further aid them, which I of course did. Wasn't like I had much choice. "You can just get into the suit and rip the mini gun right off the vertibird!" The man in what looked to be utility overalls was pretty excited at the idea of me going into power armour. "I- What? That.. that's crazy, sounds like suicide..." I tried to combat his logic, but soon enough I found myself on the roof, in power armour using a fusion core that had been keeping the building running for the last 200 years, with a minigun. Firing at a deathclaw. Not the average awakening, usually Id have a coffee before fighting monsters and saving civilians. Me and Garvey escorted the people to my old stomping grounds, Sanctuary, and then sat in a house that once belonged to the Smiths, talking. I found out that he had adorned the weird getup as a member of the 'minute men' a volunteer army of sorts, that only Preston remained of. "Of course, seems like a noble cause," I answered to his question of if I'd like to become the second minute man alive.