Part 29: Life Change

"Morning." I smiled at every one and looked at Mom who was packing, "You sure?"

"Yes." Mom laughed

I chuckled and sat down next to Monique. She moved closer to me and I laughed as she looked down at her phone to check on the kids. Ana is babysitting them for us, twenty dollars an hour.

"They here." Mom whispered running to the living room and opening the door.

Brianna and Briane walked inside and Brianna smiled as she waved at me. I waved and Monique sat up as she walked in taking off her jacket.

"Good morning." She smiled and sat down.

"I'm Sharrell, but everyone calls me mom." Mom speaks and sat down a bowl of fruit.

"Oh." Brianna laughed and looked at Monique who was smiling at me, "Monique?"

"That's me. Hey, Brianna." Monique laughed and sat up.

"Hi." Brianna chuckled and looked at Briane who was wiping her eyes, "Stop crying. Bri."

"I'm not." Briane whispered, "It's called hopeful tears."

"Hopeful?" Brianna looked at mom, "What's happening? Why am I here?"

Mom sat down in front of her, "Well have you met James. James, baby!"

"What's up?" He kissed my mom and smiled at Briane.

"James and I are together. Has been for almost two years now. I just I'm moving in and I have no one in my house anymore. Both my boys are out and moved in with their girlfriends." She explained, "Deandre told us your situation so here you go."

She handed her the keys and she smiled shaking her head, "No. I'm just going to destroy it and how will I pay the bills?"

She looked at her sister and Briane laughed, "You have a job and I will still be here with you."

"That is why I am homeless! Because every one baby's me. Even my own little sister." She whispered and laughed, "I'm moving to Atlanta."

"Whatever." Briane wiped her eyes and looked down.

"We are not babing you we are trying to help." Mom whispered looking at her, "Why aren't you taking the freaking help?"

"Because she stupid." Briane stood up, "You always want something on you. You stole mommy's money for Saya surgery but I went to the hospital and Saya wasn't there. You don't care! Your dumb! Mommy told me don't do it. I'm doing it. Them kids don't deserve you. I'm taking custody!"

"What did you just say?" Brianna whispered standing up and following her outside, "Briane!"

"Shut the hell up you spoiled brat!" She screamed and drove off.

"Thanks." Brianna says angrily and left.

"Baby." Deandre put the phone on speaker.

"My nieces and nephews don't eat dinner. They are hurting why am I just watching them? I'll give her visiting rights but I'm tired and I tried to help and she doesn't want it. You can leave me."

I smiled and shook my head when he looked at me. He smiled, "File it, baby."

"Okay." She laughed and mom nodded as she smiled, "Love you, Deandre."

"Love you, Briane." He hung up and looked at mom who hugged him.

"How old are they?" I questioned.

"Um, Saya is ten, Stacey is three. RJ is six and she has another one Raya who is two." Deandre whispered, "But Raya is really bad which is why she didn't come."

"Oh." Mom smiled and I looked down when my phone buzzed then looked at Monique showing her the text.

"Both of them?" She asked.

I texted Ana back and looked at mom when I got my answer, "Dakota is sick. He's not keeping anything down. Ana brought him to the hospital."

"Oh wow. Okay." Mom stood up and handed the keys to Deandre, "Its yours, baby."

Deandre kissed her cheek and smiled, "Thank you, mom. I love you."

I hugged them and left with Monique. When we got to the hospital, I was holding Monique's hand tight following the nurse to the back. Dakota was sleep with so many machines hooked up to him. A heart monitor, breathing monitor, IV and he had the pulse machine.

"What happened?" Monique asked tearing up as she picked up Nadia.

"Um, so he just kept throwing up. I gave him medcine and when I asked what was wrong he said it wasn't his actual belly. He pointed to his intestines. I just took him to check and they said they are going to have to do surgery. He has appendicitis."

"So they have to take it out." Monique laughed and put Nadia on the ground pulling up her hands, "Is he hurting or anything?"

"No, just uncomfortable." Ana whispered, "I'm sorry I didn't mean for this to happen."

"It's not your fault." Monique whispered and exhaled hugging me tightly.

I stared at my boy as fear went through my bones, "Ana, can you bring Nadia to my mom's? Please."

Ana nodded, "Of course."

"Nadia, you okay?" I asked.

She nodded, "Kota sick."

"I know, baby." I smiled and kissed her, "You gone go with Ana to g-ma's while me and mommy stay here to help Dakota feel better."

"Okay." Nadia says looking at him as he slept on the bed, "Feel better." She kissed his hand and smiled, "Bye, mommy. Bye, daddy. Love you."

I kissed her and Ana walked out holding her hand. I smiled as I sat down and took his hand as Monique sat on my lap. We sat there in silence until a few nurses and a doctor walked in.

"Good morning. You must be Mr. Smith. I'm Doctor Jacks and I will be doing the surgery of your son. I put him in he will be in there today at four."

"Okay." Monique nodded, "How will the healing go for him at this age?"

"It will be a little hard. He will need bed rest, um he will be in a little pain. But its different for every kid. But after like a month maybe two he will be healed and fine. He will need therapy." He explained.

I looked at Monique and grabbed her hand, "He's not going to die, baby."

"Okay." She whispered looking at me, "You ready for this, babe?"

"Yeah." I smiled and kissed her.

We just sat in the hospital for hours. Waiting for Dakota to wake up from his surgery that took three almost four hours long. I just want my son to be okay.

*Chapter has been RE-READ & EDITED*
~Sorry for any mistakes I'm not good with grammar and spelling and I am the only editor of my books so bare with me.