Part 28: Nadia's Second

After a couple of hours at the play house I was sitting at the table in my house with Monique holding my hand laughing and giggling with my little two year old screaming with her cousins and little brother.

"Daddy." Dakota ran to me and I gave him some of my macaroni and cheese.

He smiled and ran to Nadia smiling as he climbed on the couch and she helped him. Monique started cracking up at the kids.

"That was adorable." Mom laughed, "She's a really good big sister."

"She is." I smiled and looked at Monique who was smiling at her food, "So James you movin in with mom or what?"

James smiled at me, "I've been begging her. She won't move in."

Mom rolled her eyes, "I'm nervous. I haven't lived with a man since the boys father."

"Hey. It will be cool. Like me and Demarcus. Then Deandre and Bri." Monique smiled, "You really start to know your feelings."

Mom smiled, "I missed seeing you around the house, Monique."

"I missed you too, mom."

"TT!" RJ, Bri's nephew cried out.

"What?" She lifted him, "Stacey, what happened?"

"Nadia smacked him." Stacey answered.

"Nadia!" I screamed and she ran to me, "Say sorry and don't touch no body's kids."

"He was being mean to Kota. Don't be mean to my broter!" She screamed and Monique yanked her back to her.

"You don't put your hands on nobody! You come to an adult! Say sorry!" Monique screamed in her face which made her jump.

"Why? He was being mean to Dakota." She began to cry and climbed on Monique's lap, "Mamma."

"You come to me. Dakota!" She lifted her and hugged her tightly. I lifted Dakota and kissed his cheek as he stared at his sister.

"You okay?" I asked and he nodded.

"Stop being a bully." Bri says pushing RJ and he cried running back to her, "Shut it down."

He went quiet and nodded. She gave him some food and he sat down on the ground. I looked at mom who started cracking up.

"That was all of you guys as kids." Mom laughed as she stood up.

"Do you have any kids, James?" Deandre asked looking up at him and smiling.

"No. Never got the chance." James whispered and slid his hand in moms when she sat down with a bowl of ice cream.

"Walking into this relationship you made a hundred of them." Mom chuckled as she sat back.

"Hey!" Bri screamed, "Stop. I'm calling my sister. They do to much."

Deandre laughed as he lifted Stacey and kissed her cheek. Stacey just giggled and ran away to Nadia who was playing with her Barbie.

"That's the good thing about having nieces, nephews or grandkids. You can send them home when your tired of them. But with your kids you can't do that. Maybe you can send them to your siblings and mom but in the end you have no brake. Cause the next morning you will be called." Mom explained and smiled, "That's why I don't let kids sleep over because not saying these beautiful children aren't disciplined but some parents don't do that. Luckily your sister new how to, Bri. He sat his butt down."

"He did. My sister smacks the heck out of him." She answered, "I do too. He's my baby boy too."

Mom laughed, "Your so beautiful."

Bri flipped her hair, "Thank you."

Deandre laughed, "Don't tell her that mom. She's going to be bragging all night."

"Shut up, Deandre." Bri laughed and sat back, "Oh, mom. Is it okay for my sister to come here cause she's already in town?"

"Yeah. Its okay." Mom smiled and she giggled as she looked down at her phone. Mom laughed, "She's so adorable. She just giggled."

Monique rolled her eyes, "You gonna do this with all of Deandre girlfriends."

Mom nodded and smirked, "And Demarcus's."

After a few minutes Bri ran to the door. A screech was sounded and the two little babies screamed out a mommy running to her. She looked exactly like Bri.

"Y'all this is Brianna. My sister. Brianna this is fam." She whispered introducing each of us.

Brianna just laughed, "Hi. I'm sorry to intrude."

"No. Your not. We had fun." Mom laughed

"Hey, stop being mean to people." She shoved RJ's head and handed Stacey a pack of candy.

"Can I have one?" RJ asked.

"No. Your mean, mean people don't get gifts." She answered grabbing their jackets.

"I said sorry to him." He whispered.

Watching her zip up Stacey's jacket, "When mommy works and is mean to her customers I can't stay sorry because it doesn't excuse the fact I think I'm better because mommy let's me do things. Put on your shoes and stop asking me the same exact question or I will not let you go to grandma's. Move."

He walked to Bri and looked down. She gave him his jacket and whispered something in his ear. He then walked to Dakota sadly.

"Dakota, I'm very sorry to be a bully. I didn't want to hurt your feelings." He whispered and turned to Brianna who was watching, "Mommy, I'm sorry."

"Here." She whispered handing him the candy and zipped up his jacket.

"Thank you, Demarcus and Monique for inviting them to her birthday party. They don't get out much. Um, Briane I'm taking Saya to the hospital in the morning can you take them?" She asked sniffing, "They said they gone check her heart cause it keeps stopping on them and stuff."

"Yeah." Bri whispered, "Of course, Mamas. Where is she at right now?"

"In the car. She was to scared to come inside." She answered and I stood up helping her with the jacket.

"I get this stuck all the time." I whispered.

"Thank you." She whispered and grabbed the bag, "Thank you again for having them. Briane come outside with me."

Briane put on shoes and left with her. I looked at mom who was starring at Deandre, "She wanted to cry. Who is Saya?"

Deandre sat up, "Brianna's oldest. She was early and had a hole in her heart. Has a million problems. Brianna got pregnant at fourteen and had two more in those years. She's twenty four now and she's been struggling a little bit. That's why I'm here all the time. Because she brings them to my apartment. They are homeless right now."

"What?" Mom screeched.

I looked back when Bri came in. She was about to brake down when she saw Deandre, "Baby, I gotta talk to you. She's leaving."

She finally broke down and they ran upstairs. I looked at Monique who stared at Dakota who had fallen asleep in my arms.

"I have a plan." Mom spoke.

*Chapter has been RE-READ & EDITED*
~Sorry for any mistakes I'm not good with grammar and spelling and I am the only editor of my books so bare with me.