Chapter 2

As I woke up the next morning, I saw Greg sleeping next to me, snoring loud as hell. I got up and washed myself up, cause, of course, stay clean. I walked back out and heard loud snores, and walked over and poured cold water onto his face.

"Aye, what the hell?!" He woke up, flying off the bed. I began to start laughing and realized I couldn't stop. He gave me a stale look, so I tried to calm down, but I cracked and began to giggle.

"E, that isn't f-funny." he said, beginning to smile. Soon we were both laughing and crying on the floor. That was a perfect start to my morning. When we soon [finally] calmed down, I went downstairs to make some breakfast. I thought about living in Cali, and still, couldn't believe I was really here. I wanted to make new friends, go clubbing, and more. Along with, of course, getting a job. But right now, I babysit for this family. They love me, even though they met me yesterday. They pay me a lot. Like way too much. $500 for watching their triplets. Dude, chill. Not complaining, though, of course, cause when I get another job, I'll get that plus 500 every Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday. Yay me!!!!

As I finished making chocolate chip pancakes, I called Greg down.

"Ooh, something smells good yay!" He said cheerily. He ran downstairs and looked. "OMG YUMMY! YAY!" He jumped. Clown! I swear this is why we're best friends. We sat and enjoyed, and knowing we were fatasses, I made extra. A ton, extra. So we made a couple trips to the kitchen and back. Being childish, we began to watch some kid shows. 

"GREG HURRY UP, WILD KRATTS IS ON!!"

"COMING!!!!!" He said, taking three more. I knew we were gonna pay for eating all these pancakes, but there were a couple more left, so why not?

After all the pancakes were gone, we both ran to our bathrooms. Yikes! I knew this was gonna happen, because we each ate at least, like, 18. Don't judge, shut up. Meanie.

After I finished, I showered and headed out at one. Today was Friday, so I had to go and babysit. 

"Bye, bestie!" I shouted, waving and getting my keys.

"Bye, E!" Greg waved back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I got to the Houghtons' house and rang the doorbell. Hopefully, the kids give me a good day, because last time. Oh lord.

"Hey there, Essence! The kids are upstairs playing. Thank you so much for arriving." Mrs. Houghton smiled and shook my hand. 

"You said that last time, don't worry, I'm always here!" I said, chuckling and returning the smile. She was a sweet woman. She headed out for work and handed me her extra key. 

"Kidddss! I'm here!" I shouted. I heard footsteps scurry towards my direction.  

"Essence!" They shouted. They were so cute, ugh! Tiana, Kyle, and Vivian. Cute kids. I walked with them upstairs to go play, and they were *surprisingly* peaceful. I wasn't complaining, though. They're calm, I'm calm. I looked down at my watch and saw that it was snack time.

"Alrighty, kids, c'mon. Time to eat!" I said warmly. I set up apples with caramel dip, knowing it was their favorite, because, shoot, caramel is yummy. But for some reason, Vivian refused it. She pushed it away and offered it to Kyle, who was about to snatch it. I took it away and tried to read her emotions. But I didn't know what was wrong.

"Viv, baby, what's the matter? I know you're hungry." I said, trying to push it towards her again. She didn't respond but instead got up, and walked away from the table. I trailed on behind her, confused as to what was going on with her. 

"Viv..?"

"Am I...ugly?" She looked into my eyes, shaking. Her eyes began to water, and I pulled her into a tight embrace. 

"No baby, who said? What happened?" I asked. I didn't want her growing up insecure, let alone be insecure at 5. She wiped her tears and looked away.

"Nothing.."

"Viv, don't lie," I said, staring into her eyes. "What's the matter?"

"Okay, so daddy came to visit one day because my mommy let him. He wanted to speak to us, and he wanted to see us again. S-s-so when he came up to me, he looked at me and said that I'm still the ugliest kid." she said, her voice squeaking at the end. I gasped. Who in their right mind would say that to a damn 5-year-old. That's so disrespectful! I began to cry, not meaning to break down in front of her because if anything, she should be crying. But damn.

She began to cry too, causing Tiana and Kyle to walk over to us. Kyle hugged his sister and asked what was wrong. Vivian explained, and now all of us were crying. After a while, to lighten the mood, I played some music and began to dance to it. The kids looked over to me dancing [like a damn fool] and began to giggle. We were all dancing, and after a while, they got tired. I walked them all upstairs to their beds and watched them as they fell asleep. I ended up tired myself, so I walked over and slept on the couch. I made sure to remember to tell Mrs. Houghton about the Vivian situation. Such a beautiful girl, doesn't deserve to hear such things.

Herro! :3