07| In Mourning

CHAPTER SEVEN

IN MOURNING

"So, you and Polly, huh?" Katherine asked in amusement. Her and Jason were standing by the Sweetwater River when the sun was already setting.

"What do you want, Katherine?" The red head snapped.

"Well, you seem in a good mood." The brunette pointed out with sarcasm,
"What I want is money. And you're gonna give it to me."

"What? I'm not giving you money, Katherine." Jason scoffed.

"Hmm, too bad..." She shrugged,
"Then, I guess, everyone will find out about your knocked up girlfriend..."

"How do you even know that?!" He yelled,
"Did you-- did you spy on me and Polly at school?!"

"Oh, yeah, I even found the pregnancy test in the trash nearby your house." the brunette evilly smirked,
"Ah, her parents will be so thrilled to know that their "perfect" daughter will soon be giving birth to an offspring. Oh, they'll be even more excited when they find out that the baby is yours."

"You're sick!" Jason hissed, feeling disgusted by the girl he once loved.

"Trust me, JJ, you haven't seen the worst of me yet," the brunette let out a dry laugh,
"But you will, if you don't give me what I want."

"You wouldn't dare," The red head shook his head,
"You're a good person, Kat. I know it."

"I'll give you time to think about it." Katherine shot him a smile. Then, she gave him a kiss on the cheek and left, leaving Jason all alone by the river...

♢♢♢

The Twilight Drive-In was closing.

Katherine felt a part of her being ripped away. As a little girl, Katherine used to always go to the Drive-In with her father...
After the death of Adam Parker, the brunette didn't dare to enter the place. She made a promise to herself that she'll never set a foot in the Twilight Drive-In. But, she wasn't going to let all the best memories of her father waste away, so Katherine told her mother that she'll go.

The night before the closing, the brunette had spend her evening at the Pop's diner, drowning away her sorrows in a chocolate milkshake. She spotted Veronica, Kevin, Betty and Archie sitting together. Jughead was with them too. However, what Katherine didn't know, is that the dark haired boy was glancing at her every time she looked away.

"Juggie," Betty quietly called,
"Did you talk to Kat about the thing?"

"What?" He frowned,
"Why would I talk to Kat? We're not friends, exactly."